Who likes BassUp?

Does anyone here like bassup? I personally am not a fan- and don’t see a reason for anyone to be a fan. Bassup unbalances the sound of music, and muddles the mids and lows. It really destroys music.

I believe the reason anker adds bassup, is because it covers up imperfections and static etc. in the mids and lows. It essentially covers up the fact that you’re listening to a low quality speaker.

Today I am strongly encouraging soundcore to remove bassup from future speakers. We don’t (well at least me) want this silly feature that really messes up the listening experience.

And if soundcore is insistent on putting bassup in the speakers, I ask that it always be togglable.

Who else is with me?

• I want the deplorable bassup gone!
  • I’m fine if soundcore leaves it in, as long as I can turn it off…
  • I want it in no matter what!

0 voters

And don’t do get to let Us know why you chose your answer!

2 Likes

I personally like the bass up, but it doesn’t work for all songs. Sometimes I want it on, sometimes I want it off. I definitely don’t want it gone because the extra bass is great for working out when I really don’t care about quality. But I want to be able to turn it off when I want as much clarity and quality as possible.

Should they launch a Bassdown version for you? :tongue::joy:

1 Like

I still like bass, I just don’t like the unbalanced-ness of bassup haha

1 Like

I’m a fan of the BassUp feature, but for certain music, I could see the need to turn it off.

I don’t like the bassup… Spoils the melody, keep it calm and listen , enjoy… No offense to bassup lovers!

I’m a fan of bass up to an extent…now if turbo bass is better and more refined then I’ll prefer that

Turbo Bass? That sounds like a bass so strong it shakes the speaker to dance to the beat. :man_dancing:

The Spirit X2 will have Body-moving bass powered by 12mm composite drivers and bass turbo technology with the addition of an acoustic tube behind the driver.

So I worded it differently but does the same

I thought the acoustic tube was the turbo bass.

Does Soundcore use bass up technology in earphones, I don’t think they do?

They invented BassUp… it’s their signature thing. Almost all of their products have it…

The acoustic tube helps get the frequencies down low and sound better, but its not the turbo bass as that has to be driven

I thought they only use it on speakers :man_shrugging:

Yeah they use it on earphones. I don’t know about every model but at least spirit X do. I would assume most others do as well

Is there like a bass up toggle?

No- that’s literally the purpose of this post. I don’t want bassup if it’s not togglable

My Ace A0, life q20s, And spirit X all have untoggleable bassup.

Only my flare can toggle.

My liberty air don’t have it at all (thankfully). They still have slightly too strong bass though :thinking:

Oh, I didn’t realise they had untoggleable bassup :sweat_smile:

Yes, and it’s terrible. Hopefully soundcore pays attention to this post and changes that.

I’ll tag some of the staff after the holiday is over

It should definitely be able to be switched off, in some cases I like it but in general I personally prefer it off.

How about just being able to set your own EQ in the app so you can toggle a few master settings off and on and or adjust the sound to your liking. Surely it’s possible and then you can tune until it sounds perfect you your ears.