Wi-Fi 6E explained: Why the new 6GHz connections are a big deal

Wider channels are great, but that frequency penetrates even less well than 5GHz. So at some point you need enough mesh nodes to get full coverage that you are almost back to being better off running ethernet cables again.

Hopefully in 5-6 years when most of my devices finally support this they will have sorted through some of those issues and the mesh nodes will be affordable. I say 5-6 because it will be a year or two before they are broadly available, and then 4 years is approximately my upgrade cycle time to go through most of the ones in my house.

Maybe by then soundcore will be making speakers that are also repeaters, with a smart assistant built in, and streaming music over bluetooth or wifi from any device in the house. I can see some cool things happening there.

1 Like

I use the mesh nodes and now, and these are a great improvement

I have a mesh system as well, sometimes it is fantastic and sometimes less so. Hopefully always getting better and more functional.

What mesh system do you use?

Using Asus AIMesh… with RT-AX88U devices… Pretty impressed with these!

1 Like

Thanks I’ve been looking at getting a mesh network just been on the fence of what to use

1 Like

If you plan for one, go for the ones which support Wifi6, will be useful and saver in future :+1:

1 Like

Yeah I just might wait a little for hopefully some of the prices to go down since WiFi 6 is gonna be the new big thing so systems that can do it seem to be a little expensive

1 Like