Wondering if different speakers can do TWS

Hey y’all. Just wondering. Have any of you guys ever connected two different speakers, say Motion+ and Boost, via TWS. Is that even possible or is it only possible with 2 identical speakers?

1 Like

As far I know TWS is only possible with the same model.
And be careful if there is another version of the model is on the market,
you might get trouble to pair an “old” and a “new” one.

3 Likes

No it’s designed to be not possible, you need identical speakers including made at same hardware version.

You might get lucky in a couple of combinations as some are the same bar for different lights.

There are workarounds but I’ve tried them and didn’t work for me. Theres a Bluetooth bridge product transmits to two speakers but I found it sounded awful, and some speakers have AUX ports you may find works for you with a splitter.

3 Likes

As was already said - TWS can only be done with the same model of a speaker that is TWS capable.

3 Likes

I’d imagine if you could pair multiple different tws across BT, that’d be a thing… maybe in some way or shape… partycast? Oh but that’s share mono…

Oops, guess as others have said, be mindful of even same line. As different iterations could have troubles.

4 Likes

I do believe it is within Soundcore engineer’s capability to make products going forward which can do a broadcast Partycast where each speaker can be set via the app to be left or right or mono.

Broadcast is where a speaker is not given it’s own channel but pick up a common channel. That is how radio works, no 1:1 but 1:many.

Cannot apply retrospectively to existing bought products, but going forward, future products.

I’m naming it “Partycast II”

1 Like