Just got two Soundcore Mini 3 bluetooth speakers -- do these support true 2 channel stereo?

I just bought two Soundcore Mini 3 bluetooth speakers, and have them setup with their built in party cast mode so that both are playing.

I thought these were able to do true 2 channel stereo like headphones and my laptop speakers do – but so far it sounds like the partycast is just doing mono sound out of both speakers, not true stereo? I’ve tested it with a few songs that have left/right sound, and it just sounds like each of the two Soundcore Mini 3 speakers are both playing mono.

Is there a way to get them to do stereo?

No,
They support only “party cast” as far I know, this is definitely NOT TWS : true stereo.
This model does not support that stereo mode.

I never heard that someone was able to connect these speaker models in stereo-mode.
May be there is a trick to do that via some software on your device the speakers are connected to.
I don’t know. Sorry.

1 Like

No.

They are Partycast so shared mono.

You should have bought TWS products for stereo.

One product does both TWS and Partycast which is the Boom Plus.

Well that answers that. I chose them after seeing some youtube videos of their good sound but didn’t realize they were just doing Mono and not Stereo.

I’d return them if that were easy to do now but I’m travelling in Thailand and bought these through Lazada delivered to my hotel and that was a pain in itself. Would probably be impossible to return them this way.

Should have got the Sony XP13’s I guess which do support true Stereo pairing.

It just never occurred to me that the product engineers would go through all of the work to have these link but not do stereo linking.

I get your frustration, but they do sound good.

You can pair speakers in 2 different ways:

1. Partycast - you can pair up to 100 of them but they are mono. (Mini 3, Flare 2, etc)
  2. TWS - you can only pair 2 but they are in stereo. (Motion Boom, Motion +, etc)

It all depends on what you want.

PS I have a Mini 3 and like it. I also have 2 Motion Booms and 2 Motion +'s. I like those too.

Weird I know it’s a look before purchasing type thing.

I’m wondering if there’s an app which lets you connect two speakers at once and sends each left right channel to either speaker???

I have two Mini 3 and place them far apart in a house so I can hear something while moving around.

I have a Flare mini and a Motion+ does TWS but never got the pair to do TWS.

They never will.
If you have Flare minis from different series these will not do.
The same is with soundcore Icon mini (black and orange) ones.

2 Likes

Has to be the 2 of the same model to hook up in TWS.

I can hook-up both my Motion Booms in TWS.
I can hook up both of my Motion +'s in TWS.
However you can’t hook up 1 Motion Boom and 1 Motion + in TWS even though they are both TWS compatible.

It has to be TWS compatible and the same Models.

I know.

I got a Flare Mini, never got another.

I got a Motion+, never got another.

I got a Mini 3, I did get another.

These all from here competitions, giveaway. Their randomness is more in control than me. :smirk:

Speaking of giveaways…

There are no more giveaways.
So for me these points are more or less valueless.
Same these famous powerpoints from ANKER.
This is 100% inflation rate.

Worse than this we know of our currency.
I would call this exchange rate risk! :rofl:

Would be nice if the device let the user choose. No idea if it is very hard to support true stereo between 2 speakers but Sony does it so it can’t be that hard.

I tried to look in the store but couldn’t find any electronics shops in Bangkok that had them so ordered online… but also it never occurred to me that the speakers would not support true stereo… just like it would never occur to me that a car would come without an engine.

We have told you already that there are two modi with soundcore speakers.
TWS or Partycast.
You find the difference in all descriptions.
Is you want stereo by such ones which support TWS.
Make sure that both are from the same model line.

Physically in radio these two methods are very different. For a product to do both it is more expensive and larger electronics. The only product which is either/or is the Boom Plus.

I agree with you and have suggested it for some time. It cannot be restrospectively done to existing products as they lack the electronics but they certainly can listen to consumers and make it for all future products, bearing in mind they have a huge range of speakers and we may find silent upgrades of existing products and find some versions of products then have this, and we’d never be told but realise it had happened. Physically it is easier for a Partycase speaker to do TWS but not a TWS to do Partycast. How it works is written into the FCC listings.

Simple reading of product description would have told you, I know it sounds quite like a novel idea but it’s common to do so.
As for purchasing a car with out an engine, that’s how I got my first car. Yes I knew it and yes I bought what I wanted because I read about it. I could of gone with a different one, as you could of gone with a different model or brand, no point in getting harsh with members because you failed to read even the basic product description.

1 Like

Reading is an art which gets forgotten in our word of apps. :rofl:

shame on you anker i bot 2xmini 3 for stereo mode
and they play only mono

You should have read the description BEFORE acquiring.
There is nothing documented about STEREO for this speakers.
Who is at fault?

1 Like