A First Look at What's Coming Up in 2020

Not HAM! It’s true :bacon: don’t hurt our feelings, us Canadians :grinning:
@TechMan

2 Likes

Earning notes is really hard as I’m already a high level due to the Anker forum switch over and can’t earn any notes from anything @Loz . Can you make it easier for higher levelers to earn notes because we didn’t get rewarded notes for levelling up previously. Thanks loz
@TechMan

You can refer people to sign up here and you will earn points and notes

1 Like

Just be more active to earn more points R.I.P. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

First off i love your liberty 2 pros… just got em month ago lot of people are talkin bout new stuff coming out like the 1more wireless anc…ive been sayin all along yea we all get new stuff but what ya think the next gen libeety 3 pros will be?? Serious i tried a ton of earbuds from 60 to 300 dollars and either fit or sound was not good… when i first got these liberty 2 pros got first awesome seal right off bat and as soon as music came on my mind was blown and i became a customer for life… no joke… but some people sayin this or that bout the new 1more and jd like to see you guys do somethin similar but with awesome ip rating keep up the great work anker soundcore!!

1 Like

Only just seen this. Thanks a lot for the feedback! No confirmed dates yet though I’m afraid.

Nice to see your message @Loz

Welcome back

Why there is no mention about SPIRIT DOT 2 ?

Definitely looking forward to the Flare 2!

I got a samsung note 9 with dolby digital and no doubt makes bug difference im so loat tho on these different codes i dont even know where to begin but k ow the l2p sounds frickin amazing for earbuds

Pantera, I also have a Samsung with Dolby capability but it’s my Galaxy Tab A (2018 10.5") and although the Dolby capability is a plus, despite this tablet containing a pre-requisite Qualcomm CPU, this tablet doesnt offer the Qualcom aptX codec for more efficient handling of the music playback by the CPU so its swings and roundabouts. It’s still yet to get its Android 10 update which is expected to become available for this tablet this year. I hope this will be included then.

Thanks for response !! See im not sure what deal is with this phone but know i did get the android 10 update on this thing but i honestly wouldnt know if it was hooked up to those codes anyways lol i wish i knew how to check!!

If you click the little gear icon beside the Bluetooth listing of your Liberty 2 Pro earbud set, you’ll get all the settings/details of how they’re connected.

That’s what I see with my Google Pixel 3 XL (also running Android 10) but with my tablet the aptX line isn’t there.

1 Like

I really appreciate that… Thank you!!!

You’re very welcome Pantera43. Do you have the aptX codec option there on your phone? If it’s not there, you might want to do what I’m going to do about my tablet and contact the maker and ask for this to be included in a future update.

Now that there are plenty of Bluetooth Headphones/Earbuds supporting aptX (and higher) technology, if your device has the required pre-requisite hardware to support the relevant aptX codecs, it seems such a waste for the manufacturer to not enable that functionality by incorporating it into the device firmware or ROM. I would have even paid a little more for my tablet when I bought it if I knew it supported aptX. I’d also pay for a subsequent upgrade to incorporate such support. While checking out the above option on my Pixel 3 XL phone I also noticed the -L entry is no longer there after doing a fresh install - something I’ve been waiting for so we’re definitely moving forward with these earbuds!

Ive been doin some research and lookin into this supposedly the note 9 has all these codecs aptx hd and others but by default its set on some other setting so i need to find out how to go in and change that… couple forms on reddit from people with these complaining that our phones have it but we arebt allowed to manually change it which is kinda wild… im def lookin into it tho and hopefully figure this out but again i really appreciate the info and will keep ya posted … ive been samsung note guy besides the 7 lol since original note came out but when i upgrade in 5 or 6 months the phone i get will def not have this issue and unless i figure this out i might go with somethin different for first time in years!!

IF the required aptX codec is present in your ROM for the phone, you’ll be able to find it through ‘developers options’. That said, I wonder why, if it’s in there already, the manufacturer doesn’t make things much easier and give you the simple way of enabling it by default as on my Pixel. You can get into developer mode by tapping the build no option for ‘about phone’ repeatedly (5) times. Regarding going forward, even their premium new phones that are heavily advertised at the moment, don’t have it so again, it’s worth asking them to make it fully and easily available (as on the recent Google phones - mine detected the L2P earbuds have that feature and automatically enabled aptX on installation).

Sometimes there are things that are nice to have, but not widespread enough that most people will notice / care. So they don’t fully debug, worry about possible issues, and then hide it away so only those who can debug their own issues. Google is a little better about putting new stuff out there than the other vendors, because they develop the whole OS.

As an update, although my Samsung Tablet (& I’d imagine Pantera43’s device) has the aptX codec listed under Developers Options, something’s not right when it’s selected because I tried it with other BT earphones that don’t have aptX support and it still CLAIMED to be using aptX and sound was getting through. It’d be much easier if manufacturers just used the way it’s selectable and displayed up-front as on my Pixel.