A New Era In Sound: Event Recap

Preordered the liberty 2!

3 Likes

@poppo.wang can you answer this one?

Nope afraid not

Nice one!!!

Yup. You may customize the controls via Soundcore App.
You can select from Play/Pause, Next/Previous track, Volume +/- and activate Voice Assistant.

3 Likes

I know you’ve asked for feedback and I look forward to purchasing the Liberty 2 Pro. And I suspect I will happily provide feedback on these. I promise that will be shorter than this!!

However, the feedback you’ve asked is about the ‘unveiling’, and as you’ve asked, and I haven’t seen an actual review of this unveiling, and using my creative arts perspective, I thought I would share with you my thoughts.

Okay! As presentations go this had potential, it started well, with Lawrence giving us a direct introduction but then the delay in going to the main stage made the whole process painfully elongated and awkward and, sadly, it bordered on the dull.

Naturally, the products launched should take centre stage and given that this is to be live streamed, one could expect that this will be a properly staged and creatively managed presentation. Like any presentation it needs to be clear, focussed, and especially given its live stream, staged and directed to (visually) achieve maximum impact. Always remembering the products take centre stage.

Being staged it requires sufficient lighting. Too often I saw Eric, the lead presenter, in shadow caused by the on screen projections.

Another important consideration and decision to be made in advance, is just because people have titles in a business it doesn’t necessarily make them the best people to market the product.

Given the fanfare, the advance build up on social media and the buzz generated by Anker/Soundcore on their web pages and forums, you created an expectation that, in my humble and creative business opinion, was far from met.

The announcement of the Liberty 2 Pro as being the secret product was totally lost. So much for a fanfare announcement.

Where Apple have scale and razamataz and strive for a premium launch, which reflects their products and industry status. This bordered on a low budget fringe production, despite the growth of the brand through online sales and in retail outlets.

Based on this presentation, which appeared haphazardly thrown together, you far from gave me the impression that your company has an understanding of quality.

What I saw seemed little more than a corporate in-house powerpoint presentation. The live presenters lacked flow and clarity, their hesitancy made for uncomfortable listening. The autocue (which Eric referred to appears to offer no help. If it had would the fanfare of the lauch of Liberty 2 Pro have been lost?!) Only when the presentation went to pre-recorded video playback did it feel like a considered quality launch but again there wasn’t enough of this.

Even having, Krish Sharma in person and the endorsement of 9 other Grammy Award winning sound engineers/producers didn’t quite hit the mark. This would have looked better if it was a video piece using a professional sound studio as backdrop. Again re-enforcing the professional credentials of the contributor and setting it in a visual context. (Again, just my opinion!). People talking at you about a product that you have yet to experience becomes too dull. Was this an onscreen pre-recorded opportunity missed?

As the event moved on to the seated product endorsement, Lawrence talked of bringing premium quality audio to the masses and yet this section of the launch lacked any quality audio. The sound mix of this section appeared to lack any level of expertise. I can see the contributors wearing radio mics but extrenal sound appears to dominate and the immediate sound of those talking lacked audible understanding and quality. When it appeared to get all all too much the presentation would cut out and the hold screen would display the default Soundcore logo, and upon returning to a live stream it was left to Lawrence to offer an on screen apology. Ouch!

Yes there were teething problems and it did occasionally get better but by then how many people had you lost from the live stream? I struggled to give it the time fully the first time around, and having sat through it in full, I believe the replay of the live stream needs to be edited. 1 hour and 9 minutes of which about 25 mins is actual live footage.

Anker’s mantra of bringing value at an affordable price, and you are to be appaluded for the innovation you create and the price tag you apply to those well designed products, deserved better than this.

Your customer service support (on the rare occasion I’ve needed it) is excellent, and you rightly pride yourself on delivering excellence and quality in no nonsense packaging. This is already known to customers who have purchased your products. This presentation, especialy to those who aren’t familiar with your products, did your professional profile no favours.

What I expected from the presentation was to see a reflection of who Anker is and are. Where the company see themselves going, striving to be an aspirational business that seeks to achieve a market share based upon quality, excellence and affordability.

Sadly this awkward and amateur presentation didn’t reflect any of that.

It would seem that so much effort was put into developing the products (and rightly so) that the product launch was a hastily arranged after thought. It was an ‘event’ that was riddled with technical issues, which I hope your products aren’t!

I hope that Soundcore will reflect on this unveiling presentation and in the event that you do any more events in the future, more consideration is given to achieving a professional presentation one that is fitting of an on screen presentation to a wider audience. If you need help, I’m always available!!

Now on to pre-ordering the Liberty 2 Pro at a decent pre-order discount.

4 Likes

They asked for feedback, not a book :joy:. Just kidding

1 Like

I started and the whole thing just flowed. I actually think their presentation was shorter than it takes to read this!! :rofl:

1 Like

There’s definitely some good feedback there- and I’m sure soundcore will appreciate it

2 Likes

Appreciate the feedback, especially regarding timing. The truth is on the night things happen which do inevitably cause delays, but we’ll keep learning and improving as we go.

2 Likes

We’ll give you a break since it was your first event like this😉

Good catch @TechMan

Very insightful! @Chiquinho

@Spotlight61Thank you so much for putting such a comprehensive feedback together -it will definitely help us do better next time!

1 Like

Yeah you just took off!

Good luck!

Excited for the Liberty 2 series!

What gracious feedback. Thank you.

+1 for We The North I’m in for testing as well in Canada :+1:

I’m gonna need it