Blue flashing light on my brand new wakey

Hi does anyone know how to stop the blue light flashing on my wakey? It won’t wirelessly charge my phone either and I’ve only had it about 2hrs.

1 Like

Normally the blue flashing light is coming from the misplacement of the bluetooth device. From past experiences, it can be caused by either not placing it in the correct location or due to a larger/thicker phone case as well. Normally you would either want to power cycle it (does not need a specific amount of time, just unplug and back in) and then attempt to re-connect it to your device.

Its time Soundcore fixed the manuals with typo errors. Change from Solid Bue to Solid Blue

@Loz

I’ve tried unplugging the wakey and I left it for over an hour,I also deleted the app and removed the Bluetooth links and it’s still flashing.

@Matt_Davis Removing the app from phone / removing bluetooth pairing has no relevance to flashing blue light.

Flashing Blue Light signifies the Wireless Charging is not happening due to mis-aligned wireless charging.

• What is your phone make / model.
  • Does it support wireless charging.
  • Does it have a metallic case / thick case which is preventing the wireless charging? If Yes - can you try to place the phone for wireless charging after removing the case. Does it charge and blue light stops flashing?

I have the new iPhone SE which does support wireless charging and it worked at first but now doesn’t. I’m frustrated as it was a big selling point for me.

Are you using a iOS beta by any chance?

I am using the latest version yes.
The machine worked fine at the beginning

Can you force reboot / restart your iPhone SE and try to see if it starts charging.

Also restart Wakey.

Let us know the results

Force rebooted my iPhone and I also had the wakey unplugged and then plugged it back in with no change

Do you have a spare wireless charger with which you can charge —> ensure you can wirelessly charge the iPhone SE

Do you have another are phone (if and only if) to check if Wakey can charge wirelessly.

Also it may be time to send an email to Soundcore support service@soundcore.com

Since you used this before and it worked and are now having issues, did you update ios? If so it could be an issue with the firmware and you may need to do a DFU restore. Which is a device firmware update, or reach out to Apple and see if they have an idea why your iPhone isn’t wirelessly charging

There isn’t an update available so I’ve not done that. It’s becoming really irritating as it’s really bright in a pitch black room.

I’ve tried my sisters iPhone 11 and that doesn’t work either. The blue light still flashes on and off constantly while the wakey is plugged in making it unusable at night.

May be a faulty unit, reach out to Soundcore Support and check for next steps

Just out of curiously have you removed any cases on the phones you’ve tried. I know sometimes when I have a thick case on it might work for a little and then not. I would definitely reach out to the support team about this

Have passed on. Thanks!

Sorry to hear this! Have you dropped an email to service@soundcore.com? We’d need to look into this further for you there. Just FYI yesterday was the last day of a national holiday in China, which means there could be a slight backlog of customer messages, so apologies if you’ve experienced any delays.

Wow!!! I buy a defective product and I get offered £11.50 instead of a replacement.