This is my current wishlist for current and future Frames, from what I feel should be easy, so earlier, to difficult so later.
- Allow the cable to be bought separately so someone can own two. Say one at home and one in travel bag.
- Allow a USB-C cable as most of us are well on the way to USB-C everything.
- Charging case. Preferred is a case you can slide in a small Powercore, or if that’s messy then a case with cells inside - similar to the case for TWS buds.
- Lens for cycling and construction. So for lens a solid piece of plastic with maximum range of view and a nose bridge. This would make them get used in construction, decoration, outdoors and indoors dusty settings.
- Work to make the current and future Frames use the same cable and same front lens (so keep the connector compatible) so past investment can be extended. Helps with carbon footprint to reuse as much as possible. Once prescription lens become proven, absolutely essential to not need to make more lens if you upgrade the arms/sides.
- Microphone improvements to filter out wind so can be used in sports outdoors and construction type scenarios. Ryan did help us understand current Frames ability to filter sound, it does a good job already but the goal is 15mph wind and traffic so can talk while biking.
(Ryan @TechnicallyWell hope ok to use this, otherwise I’ll edit remove)
Wear detection switching. Allow for someone owning multiple Soundcore products to switch between them without a manual disconnect/connect. Scenario: own L3P and Frames and wearing both, sound is coming to the L3P and you take them out of your ears and then sound switches to the Frames, then when you take L3P out of case and put in ears, sound switches back from Frames to L3P. So you can swap Soundcore products intelligently. Configure via app the behaviour. This feels should be easy (I think) ? I can see folks owning both of these classes and swap between them through the day.
Partycast Frames so folks can do the above via walking around. Suggestion is as these Frames need to kept lightweight they are NOT the master so only slave mode. Possibly you use Partycast to make the above switching easier.
(difficult!) Work to allow to sense and augment the environment, such as sensors on side and rear which alert the wearer. Scenario you’re walking across street and a silent cyclist is coming at you, an alert. Cars have these sensors, so eventually electronics should become smaller, more efficient, lower cost, to shrink into the Frames form factor.
I’ve asked much of the above already but spread around, so hoping to condense to one place to make easier to find.