Have Your Say on The All New Soundcore Collective

With that write up, I don’t think I need to put my two pence worth in :+1:

3 Likes

I always thought that the referrals/giveaway/points layout was a bit buried. I view the referrals as a separate piece from the giveaways.

Store:
To echo everyone else, it isn’t enticing to buy items off of Anker/Soundcore website when the Amazon price is lower and free shipping; would love to see changes with that.

Threads:
Also to echo others it seems there is a lot of point farming.

EDIT: The empty threads/point farming got exhausting for me so I typically just comment on the pinned posts (like this); I got burned out pretty quick.

2 Likes

A change of the leaderboard would be a need.
One price should be given by random to one the 10 leading members.
The others should receive some notes and/or bucks as usual.

The gallery must be cleaned up
One photo each user per week is enough.
All photos/ videos older than 1 month should be stored in an archive.

I will write more if something comes me in mind.

All members here since september 2019 should be given a big hug from Lawrence or Hanna.
( Donator can be chosen by the receiver! ) :rofl:

3 Likes

Exiting to see the 2.0 version…

Like everyone else pointed out already, Leaderboard needs to be redone.
The Giveaway need to show current entries (Like Anker Powerdraw) so a member can decided to go in or not.
Not sure the Double Pass awarded for level up is useful to everyone on the forum but those who live near to the event venue.
Exchange Notes are mostly US centric, what about members from other countries? also if they are converted somehow to Amazon coupon’s only to purchase Soundcore products that would be awesome !!
Gallery uploads are flooding, most of them are great but instead of a random photo, how about showcase Soundcore products with a theme every week and award the prizes for top 10 of the week?? (Just like the Spring event if I remember)

3 Likes

May be a theme would be interesting.
A simple photo of a product is quite boring.
I can take a photo of a speaker from different viewpoints, but is this really worth to be published in the gallery?

2 Likes

this needs to be more elaborated.

doing this there’s going to be bias just because of the user/person.

also making 'higher quality posts ’ are just going to deter new people from joining the forum as it doesn’t elaborate or explain what a higher quality post is (high quality might be different for different people).

this also needs to be elaborated as some people have only just one Soundcore product than a handful of them.

4 Likes

No i don’t think soundcore should do this. It’s fine how it is now.

3 Likes

Added one more input for “New Thread creation”

1 Like

100% agree. If I see something on Anker that has 180 entries, I am less likely to do it. Here I just guess and hope that it is a smaller amount with no real way of knowing

2 Likes

yes but it makes it more fun not knowing how many entries.

2 Likes

I do agree with this and to solve the problem I think we can just reduce the amount of reward you get from 1 upload everyday to 1 upload every week. Some have already said that and makes sense since people don’t have 100 different places/ideas to showcase the same product.

He means that people just post new threads and replies of things that aren’t something of interest. I have done it at times as well but my replies aren’t for point farming and I reply only when I think a like isn’t enough or something. So he probably means new thread should be bound by constraints or points should be lowered

3 Likes

Posting links to articles with little to know comment is the main thing I see. Most of these threads also get little to no interaction as well.

You are correct- if the Star threads were chosen by users. The admins should be unbiased though.

If you only have one soundcore product, then it just gives you more opportunity to be more creative :wink:.

2 Likes

While @TechMan covered very well in depth my main nitpicks thought I would give a response to each…the more responses, the more chances things will be changed / updated for the better :slightly_smiling_face:

Earning Points, Notes and Giveaway Tickets
Think the core point values work well, tweaking other parts of the community will help prevent exploitation of the current point values…such as rewarding for posting activity rather than quality content or a source of discussion.

Levelling Up
Gaps between levels seem pretty fair, with the points and tickets etc from competitions making the reward of levelling up pretty obtainable in a fair amount of time…after all if you hit the top levels in only 1-2 years where’s the fun :raised_hands:

Double passes seem a pointless exercise for non US members :frowning:

Do think it would be good if the notes reward for increasing level were split up over the level segments such as 120 notes in 20, 50 & 50…240 notes in 40, 100 & 100 etc…would allow those who missed out on notes with the points transfer to be able to obtain some notes for increasing in level through posting actually done here…without having to wait to jump to a whole new ‘Member Level’.

Spending/Exchanging Notes
Would be better if Soundcore brand swag becomes available outside of the US only…it’s a big world after all :wink:.

Also having some newer products (on a rotation basis) like the Dot 2 etc would be good for those unlucky in competitions…or just wish to expand there Soundcore catalog…

Thread Categories
No comment, follow the topic titles more than the categories :grin:

Thread Tags
As above :grin:

Threads in General (e.g. are they too focussed in one area?)
Too many threads which are a re-posting of either tech links from other tech sites, which quite a few members not doubt already frequent or deals (regardless of saving)…

Soundcore Content (e.g. would you like/more less of something like music/tech/fitness)
Would be good to see more original content on upcoming artists, established artists or consultations with brand ambassadors etc. The Soundcore Sessions are a brilliant example!

Product Review Process
Would be good to be able to see personal reviews as @TechMan has mentioned.

Friend Referral Process
Should be a referral without reward. Makes it too easy to exploit/abuse with dummy accounts for points rewards.

Sales Referral Process
Rewards I think are just (and verifiable) from spreading the word and allowing Soundcore to benefit financially

The Leaderboard
Needs a re-jig on the rewards given for making the top 10. The rewards often drive the behaviour which has been criticised in other areas listed, to the point that the monthly top 10 is mainly the same users

The Worst Bits of The Collective
Posting mentality (namely anything and everything) that often arrises to win rewards / prizes

The Best Bits of The Collective
Events like the Soundcore Sessions, the last one made me buy x3 albums of the artists…whom I had never heard of before :metal:

Other Feedback
Keep holding Q&A session like these with members to keep helping the Collective grow and improve :+1:

6 Likes

That’s awesome!

Great points as well!

2 Likes

I second all that especially the splitting of notes as we level up each time instead of waiting for those specific level numbers

1 Like

Giveaway

Overall, I like the giveaway section. I think the number entries would be nice to see.

Second @Shivam_Shah comment. I know early on we were not sure if the current functionality was as designed or a design flaw. There is an exchange of notes to tickets but you can currently use your notes if you do not have sufficient tickets. So if this is by design we do not really need the notes to tickets on the exchange and we would need to have text stating that your notes will be used if you do not have enough tickets to supplement the amount of tickets wanted.

Leader board and prizes

I think this need reworked or you can take out the leader board.

I think this is part of the cause of the thread and gallery issues that other have mentioned.

Here are a couple of thoughts for the leaderboard and prizes if they are kept . I would say get rid of a leader board it is not needed now and either create a new dashboard for the prizes base upon something other than total points.

One option for the prizes and leaderboard is instead of a top 10, it could based on another aspect of the site. One option could be comments. As I looked at the users, there about 7 to 8 people who have done more than 2 comments per day over a month (60+ comments), if it around 100 or over 3 comments, you probably would have about 4 users.

So if you meet a certain number of comments per month, you will be put in a random drawing for one of the three prizes for the month. You may say that people may spam that as well. It may be a possibility but it would get people to have more interaction in talking on the site. It is also beneficial to all other members as it does not require other than to come here and participate in a few thread.

I do like the current dashboard on referrals in that it allows me to see my notes, monthly points and notes. You may want to add the double pass as people get closer to it and will have a way to claim it?? I think you would just add a second dashboard where it would show if are you qualified for the monthly prizes.

Another option could be that Soundcore could create a thread every 10 days and you could win that way as well or once a month do a thread to give them away.

On any prize I think that it would not be beneficial to have a community vote or outside FB vote. (please no). I would rather the admins decide or that it would be random.

Thread and Gallery

I am leary about messing with thread or gallery sections and potential restrictions.

I believe the thread and gallery were due to the monthly prize. They were symptom to the problem. If you alter thread and gallery, you still have the problem. Once you rework the monthly prizes (if kept) and based on a new process, I think thread and gallery would decrease some. Plus I do not want to have the opposite effect of not being able to make a thread if needed.

I almost would say do not give points for threads or gallery pics and do a potential increase to other activities or add visit to community as an alternate way to gain points lost from threads n gallery points. (This is only if you keep the current leaderboard functionality)

Reason is to just avoid a flood of threads daily. Lets say 20 people decides to go for it. That will be 40 threads a day times by 30 days or 1200 threads a month.

Site feedback

1. Dark mode- If you go into gallery in dark mode on mobile, the text for the soundcore products is also darkish text, they should be white so that we can see it better.

2.Giveaway as already stated with @Shivam_Shah

1. Home page- The text for Soundcore Collective is hard to see as it is sitting in front of a daytime photo with the young kids in it I suggest either putting it below or find a better picture that contrast the text you are using so you can see it.

Exchange - I think I have no real issue here. I like the first few give you an advantage and even out afterwards. I think maybe adding a few items to buy with the notes and to potentially change those up at times. Maybe a 150 dollar value for notes

Gallery- As a mod, I think maybe time stamps and maybe a search ability to search only certain members pictures would be nice. I thought I saw one that I thought was a duplicate but to try to verify it, I was not able to as it was too far back and was taking too much time to load.

3 Likes

Just added 2 more feedback/suggestion in my original post here

I am significantly less motivated to go all out entering when I have no idea how many entries are in the pot already. It would actually probably end up that there were more entries per competition if people could see that there weren’t that many in yet.

So count me in favor of showing that information! They already do it on Anker, can’t be that big of a deal to add here.

1 Like

Seems pretty good so far!

2 Likes

Would love that the upcoming tab for the giveaways actually show what the upcoming items are for the next giveaway. That way I can decide better how many tickets of my limited amount I want to go in for that week if any.

2 Likes