Have Your Say on The All New Soundcore Collective

Was thinking someone had recently changed their username until I realised a new user (9hrs old at that) manage to trounce the top 3 :thinking:

Changes could be a good thing :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Just realized what you mean and that dude killed my chances of being in top 3. @Loz is there a way to know if he just made a bunch of fake accounts as referral? How can someone just become level 7 within 10 hrs?

1 Like

Yep, does seem a bit weird, possible yes but so close to the finish line :thinking:

Raised it on PM with @loz and the mods…

1 Like

Confess Neil!
That’s one of your ghosts!
ANKER’s forum is boring for them so they came here! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

If you look I think all of his points came from referring people because he only posted on the gym giveaway and has about 10 new users liking his post so I think it’s almost all referrals which is crazy

2 Likes

See I don’t have neils ghost I have @Duane_Lester as the ghost who keeps appearing in my notifications on the Anker community so I say it’s him :joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

It is possible to do without breaking the rules and I don’t think the person even realizes thst there is a prize for being in the top 3 I think they were focused on the gym giveaway. But it does suck for those who were active all month. I feel bad for whoever was in the tenth place spot being active throughout the month and now won’t even get giveaway tickets

1 Like

May be he has lost control.

You know “Der Zauberlehrling”?

There is such a great film with Mickey Mouse and the brushes.
(Fantasia)

The music is great!
(Paul Ducas)

2 Likes

I think referrals should be similar to the Anker community where can refer and get points for a max of 3 a day. Because here they are also getting notes for it which is great but for this guy to move to first, get to level seven and have all the notes for leveling up in a matter of hours is kind of crazy.

1 Like

That referral points and notes have to go… no way, it can continue, else we will see these happen time and again

@Loz

1 Like

I think it’s ok if there is a limit like on Anker where you only get points for a certain number a daly I feel like people who can expand our community is good but I don’t think a last minute win like this is fair at all

1 Like

guess what, the timer for the leaderboard ends at 5pm pacific today … and the leaderboard resets, decides the top 10

1 Like

As @ndalby stated a PM is sent out but at the same time it is totally possible as well with a combination of referrals and product sales.

So does buying a product on soundcore give an instant 40 points or is there a wait time? If no wait time then anybody could just come in and do the same and potentially return them after that month.

This is why I do not like having the prizes based on the leaderboard and points. I think if you hit a certain point value for the month then you are in the running and can win in a random draw.

2 Likes

You know it. I will haunt your notifications until the end of times LOL

3 Likes

Yea calculated it and considering he had 1732 points when I screenshot that on my phone, 2 of those were from the reply, 80 were from the registration and setting up profile. This leaves 1650 points. I checked the 10 profiles that linked his post and all those were just created to add referral bonus and like the post. Absolutely no other activity on those and same with the main profile that’s on number 1 spot.

So let’s assume he only created the 10 accounts using referral, he got 500 points which leaves 1150 points for more referral to create other accounts here or selling soundcore products.

I also saw the other 2 accounts that were created 10 hrs ago and they look suspicious too:

Not to be racist or anything (don’t even think that’s really possible because I’m Indian myself) but Neville and Cyjil aren’t really names of Indians so very very suspicious to say the least especially like @ndalby mentioned “so close to the finish line :thinking:

Yea that leaves me out of top 3 for sure unless I can make 2 of my friends register and enter the giveaway. But that would be unfair to @jercox because he has worked hard too

Yeah I’ve thought about that too but didnt want to take away from other people’s hard work

1 Like

I would completely agree that this looks like fraud. Hopefully they will sort it out. I pmd the mods here as soon as I saw it this morning. No response yet, but they know.

Of course, maybe all of those signups came from unique addresses that aren’t VPN or tor node exit points. But I wouldn’t count on it.

I would also agree with a daily limit on signup bonuses. They limit everything else, hard to see why that one gets an exclusion.

1 Like

I also proposed that they could limit the reward roll out until the new user participates a little

Interesting ideas here. Can’t wait to see what changes are made.

1 Like