well after some days testing I am now sure this is a BETA product released to the public.
I dont know how sound core managed to build such a great product and in the same time make it so bad.
- battery percentage not visible on iPhone batteries most of the times. no friendly support stuff it is not a solution to see the battery from the app. plus there is no percentage just an icon. workaround -> each time I reset the bugs by holding case button for 5sec, then the battery is visible on iPhone batteries widget.
- battery between the 2 buds not consistent. Again if I use them just after a reset the two of them get very close with a margin of around 20m that is acceptable)
- buttons not working as they should all the time. in particular the right bud seems to lose the “connection” and only the left bud keys work.
- Maybe some or all of the above are related with the multi-connection. Then again if it doesn’t work, it shouldn’t be advertised as a feature.
- THATS really bad and I could return them if I could just for that.
When I get a call and get only the right bud out it will not answer the call automatically. If I get the left bud (most of the times) it will answer the call automatically.
that’s terrible because I am not sure if it is going to work or not and some times when it answers the call I double tap to get the call and accidentally reject it. Terrible. Especially because the mic is reason #1 I preferred them over the apple pro 2.
I really wonder how all these “tech” YouTubers really test the products. Do they even use them in real life scenarios? Like buds are connected to the phone and the computer, you listen to music from the computer, you get a call, etc. that’s real life testing of multi-point connection not if 2 devices just connect at the same time…
One very nice feature is that when on passthrough if the buds detect noise like wind they automatically switch to noise reduction. well done this works all the time
there are more minor things on the list but ok all products have flaws.
I believe all of the above can be fixed with firmware update, so I hope they will be fixed soon.
So lets get to the test!
as I mentioned earlier I managed to get similar battery life on both buds more than once always after a reset. That’s not cool and should be fixed though.
ANC ON (maybe 5-10% of the time passthrough)
80% music 20%calls (or even less, I might have answered to some calls)
right bud: ±5h 20m
left bug: ±5h 35m
That’s nowhere near the 6:40m on AAC from El Jefe and since I was not listening to more than 50-55% at the most (always on safe listening dB) that’s huge. At least they died with just 15m difference.
detailed screens below.