Liberty Air 2 Pro Firmware Update(2)

Can’t say I’ve done the next update yet. No big rush for the single tap functionality…

1 Like

I would say I sounded a little muffled but not quiet just not as clear. I’m going to play around a little more to see if it was a one time thing or not

1 Like

Hi.

have the Liberty Air 2Pro*s and i have downloaded the version 3.62, for this have had an button download in the app sections firmware. Downloaded the update and i have done what i should do, keep them in the case and leave the case open,…but there is no Install Buttion to install the version 3.62, deleated the app and installed it again, no effort. Still there is no install button so that i would be able to install the version 3.62. So i have an bug in my buds, right? I’m stuck on version 3.54…

Thanks a lot for any help or hint…

Piet van der Houlten

Toggle Wifi off if Wifi on.

Thanks for the answer. Wifi is always turned off because use only mobil data connection…and i have more than enough volume to use it every time…so this wouldn’t be the cause in thís case…any other ideas? Guess i am right and the buds have an bug or the app wouldn’t let me update the buds on IOS. And no android phone available. So i will really be stuck on the firmware 3.54.

we’ll try turning WiFi on!

Also reboot phone

1. In the soundcore app once it is open click the little man in the bottom left. Then click my devices. Slide left on the liberty air 2 pro and then hit the red X.
  2. Go into bluetooth and unpaired them.
  3. Hold open the case and push and hold the button until the earbuds blink red.

Pair back to your phone then back to the app. See if this fixes the issue.
@Elavalill

Hi once again, did everything you told me to do but no effort…an button to download is always there, but no button to install, so there will be no way to get these buds here to the actual firmware…or there will be no way to update the buds under the most actual IOS Version.

What is the device you are using?

Try the most simple thing first…

Forget the device. Restart your phone. reset the earbuds. Reconnect and try it again. Make sure you have the latest app update as well.

All this already tried out, my phone is an Iphone SE 2020. The IOS is 15.3.1.

The main problem is the missing install button in the app, as i wrote, when i get the notification that there is an new firmware i have the button to download it, but then there isn’t any button anymore to install…

Not intending to cause offense something is uniquely an issue for you. So put your phone and buds into someone else’s hands and watch.

Tell the other person to follow these instructions bearing in mind if they literall do exactly what you tried then there would be a repeat of what happened to you.

• uninstall the app
  • delete the bluetooth pairing
  • turn bluetooth off.
  • reset the buds
  • reboot the phone
  • enable bluetooth

(note the above 2 steps caused a slight wait time you need after buds reset as a rushed reset doesn’t actually reset)

• pair. Important, when you pair with one bud it will offer to pair the other bud you must do that quickly, if this doesn’t happen then firmware update cannot work.
  • install app
  • check for updates, do update.

Sometimes just doing it again and getting another pair of hands to do it can be the missing magic.

Here is an example where one person may not have accepted the L pairing, so what’s obvious for one isn’t for another

Thanks once more, i will ask the one or other friend of mine to install the app and we will see if this will be working with another device. I have done all i was able to do and followed all the steps i ought to, but on my device there is no way to do the firmware update.

Do not have Iphone. So it may just be something with the newness of the phone (April 2020 or something else).

It may be that you will need to get another device to update the firmware.

1 Like

In the above link you see one example of why firmware update won’t work if the pairing of TWS had not worked, the phone must see both buds, when you pair the right bud it offers the left bud, that left bud pairing must work.

That one where it downloaded but won’t install I remember it from when product launch.ISTR a delete pairing and a phone reboot was all that was needed.

If for some reason either bad hardware (warranty) or PEBKAC the pairing of both buds has failed that aligns with the official explanation linked above.

At any other device no difference to mine. As i now used the buds and they ran completly empty and so i put them into the case to charge them again, the case i left open, connected, what a suprise, now i got the message you need about 20% to install the downloaded firmware, so i waited a little bit, opened the app again and firmware 00.00 was installed. Very very weird thing. When the case had some more charging again the same thing as always, just the three steps listed in the section firmware in the app but no way to install the firmware because of a missing install button. I will stay now with the actual firmware the buds have without one step touch gesture and without some little or big changes in acn.

If you placed these into another person’s hands to use on a different phone and still issues then it’s probably a sign of a hardware fault and open ticket under warranty.

But are you saying the update now happened so worked eventually?

Hi Mr. Professor…solved it…by myself…just had to change the language of the app to english and then the update process went by without any caused problem…the buds are now on the latest firmware 3.62.

So anyone with the same problem…try out to change language and then should the update work on the fly…

Greets and nice regards

PietvanderHoulten

2 Likes

Ahh. Now you mention it, I think I saw that before, a couple of years ago for a different product. A search I may be able to find it …

But trying make a string which will be found by someone in future:

Firmware Update Failed Solved English Language

This is also an overt bug in their app, it should need to have a specific language to update. Email support with this fact so it’s on their radar.

Yeah and any hints here given would even fit better under an topic "Liberty Air2 Pro Firmware Problem. On IOS the soundcore app version is v2.9.4

Just to give this information for someone doing an search…