Liberty Air 2 Pro Firmware Update(2)

That one where it downloaded but won’t install I remember it from when product launch.ISTR a delete pairing and a phone reboot was all that was needed.

If for some reason either bad hardware (warranty) or PEBKAC the pairing of both buds has failed that aligns with the official explanation linked above.

At any other device no difference to mine. As i now used the buds and they ran completly empty and so i put them into the case to charge them again, the case i left open, connected, what a suprise, now i got the message you need about 20% to install the downloaded firmware, so i waited a little bit, opened the app again and firmware 00.00 was installed. Very very weird thing. When the case had some more charging again the same thing as always, just the three steps listed in the section firmware in the app but no way to install the firmware because of a missing install button. I will stay now with the actual firmware the buds have without one step touch gesture and without some little or big changes in acn.

If you placed these into another person’s hands to use on a different phone and still issues then it’s probably a sign of a hardware fault and open ticket under warranty.

But are you saying the update now happened so worked eventually?

Hi Mr. Professor…solved it…by myself…just had to change the language of the app to english and then the update process went by without any caused problem…the buds are now on the latest firmware 3.62.

So anyone with the same problem…try out to change language and then should the update work on the fly…

Greets and nice regards

PietvanderHoulten

2 Likes

Ahh. Now you mention it, I think I saw that before, a couple of years ago for a different product. A search I may be able to find it …

But trying make a string which will be found by someone in future:

Firmware Update Failed Solved English Language

This is also an overt bug in their app, it should need to have a specific language to update. Email support with this fact so it’s on their radar.

Yeah and any hints here given would even fit better under an topic "Liberty Air2 Pro Firmware Problem. On IOS the soundcore app version is v2.9.4

Just to give this information for someone doing an search…