Life Tune not pairing with NFC

Hi all,

I have bought a soundcore Life Tune Headphone couple of days ago and tested with both of my mobile(Samsung Galaxy S10plus) and laptop(Dell running Ubuntu). So far the experience is terrible and outcomes are not upto the expectations(I know, with considering the price point as well).

Pairing the device with Bluetooth is instant but i have noticed there is a considerable amount of lag between the audio i’m hearing through life tune and video playing in the mobile. So I tried to check the latency when it paired through NFC. I have tried many times by tapping the right earcup with nfc enabled/BT disabled mobile, but everytime i do so either the life tune is getting paired through bluetooth(by turning on the BT automatically) or changing between tranparency modes. I have tried again by resetting the life tune but it gave the same result.

Other thing is the indoor and outdoor modes of ANC are not cancelling out the voices of people nearby, i dont want to cancel them 100% but i feels like the noice reduction of chitchats of nearby people is due to the noice isolation of the earcup and not due to thr ANC.

I was gone to buy a Q30 but ended up with life tune since everywhere it has been said both are identical except appearance.

Appreciate any help/advice in this.

You could contact the support.
But remember ist weekend, so you will get an answer next week.

Did you use the search function?
(“magnifier symbol” in the upper right corner beside your avatar) regarding the “lag”.
It was discussed here often.

May be you will get more help from those using the headphones.
(I don’t)

Thank you for your reply, later i have found that the lag was near zero. Previously i have tested with VLC in android by playing a video captured through camera, but then I have checked by playing a youtube video and both audio and video are matching perfectly. So there is no issue with lag.

Will raise the nfc issue on support team.

You know there is an adjustment on VLC to care about the lag?

You run UBUNTU (great) :laughing:
Do you know PulseEffects?

1 Like

Soundcore’s ANC does not cancel voices, they cancel bass rumble traffic type sounds.

Play with the app profile, sometimes “Transport” does better.

1 Like

NFC (Near-field Communication) is just a simple way to pair your device to Bluetooth. You have to have Bluetooth on. It’s not like it’s different than Bluetooth.

1 Like

Glad the lag issue solved

1 Like

Yes it is. Me also later realized that NFC is just a shortcut to pair the devices through bluetooth without going through the additional manual steps. After a simple google search, got to know that it is the usual behaviour of the nfc rather not a issue.

To make it more clear, you can just pair the headphone while it is turned off as well. Simply turn off the headphone, turn off BT in you mobile(if you really need to make sure that BT is not actually making a fuss over in here), then turn on NFC in your mobile, tap the NFC sensor area of your headphone(in life tune the nfc sensor is placed just under the soudcore logo on right earcup, better if they could marked it with NFC logo) . The device will be automatically paired (if you already didnt paired through BT before, you’ll be asked confirm pairing in first place) with the headphone while turning on the headphone as well, and the connection is actually made through BT, even if the option was provided through NFC.

This was the first time I’m dealing with a NFC tagged device. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Thanks a lot for your kind help.

1 Like

Thanks and greatly appreciate the information. but that transport option didn’t help either, I guess that is the level of noice cancellation given with the price point of the life tune.

1 Like

Actually there was no issue. :blush:

I assume you are pointing at the track synchronization option. Hopefully that would helpfull, but I’m happy since there was no lag in all other places.

Yes, I’m using ubuntu and life tune working perfectly with it except the mic. I saw the threads which discussed about the same matter but didn’t tried yet. Didn’t want to spoil my work laptop since that is my primary. Going to do some testings with my personal laptop when I get some time.

Thank you very much and appreciate your support.

1 Like

I think the Life Tune is same as Q30?

FWIW I swapped my 1st unit of Q30 thinking ANC broken, the replacement was the same. Just very mild ANC, most useful to block rumble bass sounds and what you’re listening to drown out voices etc. I also have the X10 buds and equally meh ANC.

It’s the one area they need to really step up their game in any future headphones.

However my better ANC headphones cost I think about 5x the price, so balance performance with value.

1 Like

Yeah…most of the places it says Q30 and Life tune are close enough. Even i saw the product description for both in walmart also same except the product code.

Agree with rest of your points.

1 Like

If you know about LINUX you should try that PulseEffects.
I tuned my little two Flares and now its like in a concert hall.
Have never tested that mighty tool with earphones / earbuds but this should work perfectly as well.

You need to play around with Pulse Effects a lot, as there are so many possibilities to adjust. (Too many :smiley:)
eg. the equalizer has more than 20! frequencies you can adjust.
(Haven’t counted exactly how many :grin: )

Do that and tell us your opinions about, please.

1 Like

Wow, happy to hear always that there is a workaround from the linux. For sure I’ll give it a try and update in here as well. One of my main target of getting this life tune was to use it with calls so definitely i need to fix this.

BTW does anybody have any idea on the noice reduction levels of the mic? I mean the upto which level our noice is clear to the other side of the call when we are in a noisy environment?

It’s not that good on the Q30, improved on Q35. What they did with Q35 was use fact there is 4 mics to filter out side and rear sounds.

2 mins into this:

From

Hopefully someone is quietly testing out mics in a beta future product. :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes