Music cuts out on Liberty 3 Pros

Good morning, in the end I was able find out. That this issue is only when anc is working.
Like when I was in underground. Or last week during flight it cut sound like 100 times.
We agreed with Soundcore support on sending product back and try to replace it with new pair of buds.

Strange is that it never happened during MS Teams meeting, but also control was changed and I wasn’t able change anc.

2 Likes

Really strange.
Great you got a replacement from the support.
Enjoy these.

2 Likes

Glad you are working it out with support. Support is great and a reason to buy from Anker / Soundcore.

2 Likes

After two days of checking all these advices I’m going to return my L3P. They sound great, bt with LDAC on has really good range (better than Galaxy Buds Pro), but sound cuts appear (ca 1 x on one hour of listening) even with the phone (Galaxy Note10+) on my desk, within reach. :frowning:

1 Like

Some people get success with a replacement. I’d try that first before giving up.

LDAC requires everything to be absolutely perfect. Bluetooth is 2Mbit, LDAC is 1Mbit so it only takes a modest headwind for it to stutter. A slightly less-good buds antenna weld in manufacturing (so a warranty swap cures) or a slightly less-good antenna in a phone (a common cause is shared antenna with Wifi) or interference in a dense environment (only 79 Bluetooth channels).

So it’s a process of elimination. Swap buds under warranty. Try different phone. Try to remove sources of interference.

1 Like

I had the same issue with my Moto g Power and Galaxy s21 and it was driving me nuts. It would cut out for a second about every 30-60 seconds. It got to the point I stopped using my earbuds. I went on an Android discussion board and everyone said it was the Google Play software. Apparently Google Play thinks it’s an unsafe app and shuts it down over and over. No matter what I did it wouldn’t stop. I recently switched to the iPhone 14 Pro Max and I haven’t had any problems. No, I didn’t switch to an iPhone because of my earbuds cutting out, but I’m glad I did!

1 Like

But on iPhone You lost LDAC…

Glad it’s working for you on your new device!

I actually decided to give the L3P’s a FOURTH shot (Yes, fourth), and that pair worked just fine. Sure, LDAC is nice, but even on AAC the sound is great on my Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra. And it doesn’t drain the battery.

1 Like

I get about 4 (sometimes more) bad audio cutouts per hour on my Samsung Galaxy s20fe using AAC, they perform perfectly on my M1 Ipad Pro . It’s Strange how it could work perfect on one device and very poorly on another.

3 Likes

Not strange. :grinning:
Different hardware, bt-cards etc. and of course different OS .
There are many reasons for such a phenomenon.

That is very typical. Possible causes:

• shared antenna between Bluetooth and Wifi. For example my circa 2018 designed Huawei Android devices my bluetooth performance is worse when on Wifi than cellular, but my 2018 designed OnePlus is perfectly fine. In teardowns you can see one had shared antenna another has separate antenna.
  • construction of the case. Metal blocks more than ceramic. Internal is more blocked than external.
  • randomness in manufacturing, how good is the solder or connector between devices.
  • Android optimisation. Some phones are more aggressive in reducing power consumption and so as the radio signal varies it reduces / switches bitrates / codecs and so you get a hiccup as it changes.

Fact is some devices just do Bluetooth better than others and you can find out from reviews, avoid bad models and prioritise what you use.

Different Soundcore products have both different sizes and placement of antenna as shown in benchmarking reviews of distance til hiccups. You can guess which ones should be better, in general the further away from the human body and larger would fair better.

The same problem still persist on a LP 3 pair just buyed one week ago. Very bad that soundcore at almost 2 years from launching still not resolved this problem, but had enough money to pay reviews on youtube in order to compared them with Sony. Before compared with Sony, should take care of basic peoblems like this. Shame!!!

The issue of music cutting out intermittently on Liberty 3 Pros seems to be a common problem faced by users. Some steps can be taken to troubleshoot the issue. Firstly, make sure that both the earbuds and phone are fully charged and within range of each other. If the issue persists, try resetting the earbuds and pairing them with the phone again. It may also help to clear the cache of the music streaming app being used. Additionally, check if the earbuds are connected to any other device as this may interfere with the connection. If none of these steps work, it could be a hardware issue and it may be necessary to contact customer support for further assistance.

bought a pair a month ago gettin random cutouts for 1 second…annoying pls fix this soundcore they sound amazing otherwise i will rma it and get technics az60s

Hello,
I experience exactly the same when listening to music with LDAC turned on.
Earphones are charged to 100%. I listen to music in lossless quality and not via the Internet, not streamed, but directly from the phone.
I always have my phone with me (in my pants pocket), the distance from the earphones phones is max 1 m. No other devices are connected via Bluetooth to the phone at this time and I have the earphones paired with the phone and only with.
Music stops playing for a second or two. Silence that at first I thought the earphones were discharged, but not - still 100% on left and right.
It’s really annoying, it happens up to 3 times per song.
Resetting the earphones did nothing.
Not sure if it happened after the update. currently i have 04.96

Reading all of these posts after seeing liberty 3 pro go on sale heavily here in Indonesia. Can buy for under AUD $100 and I was wondering what brought that on. Did anyone here find a solution or are they actually duds, hence the heavy discount online?
Thanks guys

Hello,

You can also try to change the playback quality of the LDAC on your Android phone (Dev mode enabled) and see how it goes. But what really worked for me was to stop the SoundCore app and clear the cache. From having my music cutting off every few minutes now I don’t have the issue in 99% of the time now. Even when the music breaks it sound more like a quick scratch, nothing to bother. I tested with 2 Liberty 3 Pro and both are working as per normal now. I found strange that when I synced a Liberty 3 Pro with the app my Space Q45 also started to behave as the same, and that didn’t happen before. Now it’s all good.

hi
I have the same problem and the music sometimes stops.
I bought these earbuds about 2 days ago.
My phone : xiaomi redmi note 5
My earbuds : Liberty 3 pro
firmware 4.96
I am not satisfied with this product :frowning:

Hello. I returned my first pair of headphones with this problem a year ago. And bought another one 2 months ago… and the second pair worked fine, but I didn’t update the firmware, it worked at 3.83. A week ago I decided to update the firmware to 3.96 and after 4.96 and the problem returned again. And it doesn’t matter what codec is used: SBC, AAC or LDAC.
I contacted support with a request to roll back the firmware to 3.83 (provide a tool), but there are standard options - reset settings, switch, connect, reboot… of course it doesn’t work