Please bring back ANC while wired for the Q30!

Hello Bro and anyone that may interest but the q20+ cannot be turned on when wired so no ANC and even worst no EQ you have to deal with bass heavy signature thats a bummer

1 Like

Indeed Q35 can used anc and eq while turned on and wired but beware it also have it share of drawbacks like low DAC sensitivity (the min sound level required is quite high to avoid soundcuts from the dac) and bad electric isolation leading to humming sound on non grounded device

1 Like

Hello, I am also interested in this topic. I wrote another e-mail to the support which I also cite here for everyones information:

Hello Soundcore support,

I know this topic is not new for you and i am beware of this community thread too. My question on this is a bit different.

Current State
I have two versions of the Q30 here. The first one is out of an older charge with the ability to use ANC when wired. The second one was bought 2 months ago for my wife and do not have the ability to use ANC when wired, which is a real pity. Anyways…

Comparison
I have compared the two headphones with respect to wired ANC. The manuals of both Q30s say that there are two modes to power them on:

1. Hold power button 3s, which will only power on the head phones without bluetooth.
  2. Hold power button 5s, which will start bluetooth for pairing.

This was working for my old Q30 but since the last firmware update it is not working anymore. No matter how long i press the power button, the headphones always end up in pairing mode with bluetooth turned on. The new Q30 showed this behaviour from the beginning. As the support has stated previously, the chip manufacturer turned off the using of wired ANC with bluetooth. But what about using wired ANC without bluetooth? Here is the thing: When my old Q30 are powered on and a wire them, they automatically power off and power on again without bluetooth, making it possible to use wired ANC. But this does not happen with the new Q30.

So here is my technical question: Is the ANC part of the chip hard-wired with the power state of the bluetooth module so it is even with a firmware update not possible to power the new Q30s on without bluetooth to use wired ANC?

Greetings

1 Like

Got a reply.

I’m sorry to have to tell you that yes. This situation will not change even after updating the firmware.
In AUX mode, Bluetooth is automatically turned off and the headset is also turned off and the headset does not need to be on.

It’s a great pity…

2 Likes

Well… Looks nothing can be done

1 Like

Entirely consistent with their many previous messages. Examples you can find via search:

1 Like

Ok I find this interesting. I am wondering if the pair that works with the ANC and wired has a different firmware, or just not updated on the firmware…

I was thinking that the Q30 had it but just lost it in an update of the firmware.

:rofl: Hope it will not become like the Liberty air 2 where we got like 3 or four different versions of it…

1 Like

The older version was recently update to version 2.10 and the app is telling “up to date”. The newer ones were delivered with version 2.30. Maybe they really stop updating the firmware for the older charge because of the current used chip.

1 Like

Unsure but would think they would update both different versions

As stated there was 3 versions out for Liverty air 2s at one point…

1 Like

“If I want to use wired headphones, I would buy wired headphones (I have both types)” feels like a hit in the stomach when discussing a value product. This headphone costs around 20% of what I make in a month, so affording yet another headphone should not be a solution for not delivering on what was promised on marketing and still is stated on the manual.

I literally just bought this headphones today. I did not buy the Q35 because on Amazon the only difference was about better voice call quality, but the cost was more than 50% of the Q30. Why did I buy it? Mainly to use it with an upcoming long haul flights ( which I should do at least once a year) to have better comfort while using the in flight entertainment. I did not want to spend at least 300 on headphones I will use once a year. Can you imagine the surprise when I find out that wired ANC doesn’t work (and also sound terrible) . I guess I will return now , byte the bullet and buy Sony.

1 Like

I have a lot of recordings on minidisc. Minidiscs due to their age do not have Bluetooth, needless to say, I have been very disappointed that the wired connection on the Q30 which has very poor audio. My work round is to pair a Bluetooth transmitter to the Q30s. Not ideal but it gives me good quality sound and a wireless connection with ANC to anything plugged into the transmitter. My next set of headphones won’t be Soundcore.

Three things:

1. My understanding is there was a silent update to the Q30 (Hardware) where it can no longer be supported (but there was also supposed improvements).

2. I have an older pair where ANC works wireless (they also show the Firmware is up to date). Even if it didn’t, I don’t see how someone could say they sound bad (your words “Poor Audio”)

PS It doesn’t affect me because I buy Bluetooth Headphones to use via BT. I have wired headphones when I want to go wired (no battery to worry about, no BT transmitter, etc). I think being able to use BT headphones wired is a bonus in case your battery is dead, but in that case ANC wouldn’t work anyway.

1. If you can’t live without Wired ANC, get the Q35’s. Personally, I have some really nice wired Headphones. All of them are open-backs and don’t have ANC. Personally I think they sound fantastic. I don’t consider ANC to make Headphones sound better, if anything it’s the opposite.

Steve, you’ve missed the point. ANC is an advantage in aircraft and other noisy environments. As for poor sound with the latest Q30 headphones in the wired mode, I was being polite, the audio is so bad its not usable, about the quality of pound shop buds. I have a pair of AKG wired headphones which out perform th Q30s easily but not usable in noisy environments.

I really didn’t miss your point. I think you missed mine. If you think they sound better via Bluetooth, then use them that way. After all isn’t that why someone would buy Bluetooth Headphones?

Yep Steve, you’ve got it.

Woah, if I don’t get this sorted out, this is going to be the absolute worst buying experience I have ever have.

Why isn’t this advertised? I bought this pair of headphones almost exclusively for PS4 gaming wired (for which I need a proper EQ) and outdoors sound monitoring (for which I need ANC on wired recorders) so I basically just wasted my money?
I think the headphones are phenomenal but this is bullcrap.

I am sure you have told that the support.
We here, can not help you at all.

Well depends, do have Firmware version 2.30 or 2.10?
The bug only exists with Firmware version 2.30

So one who has that problem should try to get the 2.10 version from soundcore.
A downgrade should be possible., if the “app” allows this.