Please bring back ANC while wired for the Q30!

Make sure you email service@soundcore.com with this request. They are busy people and are listening but they don’t read this community and emails as rapidly as they do the emails.

Make sure they know this is a priority and their track record is one of a listening company.

The fact the product used to have ANC wired means it’s just a firmware upgrade tweak. In their minds they may be thinking they answered this with the Q35 but as stated in some countries that is not an affordable offering.

Personally, I know Q30/Q35 ANC is not that good, I’d not buy Q30/Q35 for flying, there are other non-Soundcore products with much better ANC (e.g. Sony). ANC on Q30/Q35 is a useful, low cost option but not really what you should be buying it for. In my opinion.

I own some very expensive Sony with excellent ANC, but I use Q30 to basically make the Sony last longer, less wear and tear but I’d take the Sony on a flight for sure.

My only complaint when flying with the Q30 is that earbuds would let me rest my head against the outer wall of the plane to sleep. With the over the ear setup, you push against the headband which causes the cups to shift over your ears.

I’ve found the Q30’s ANC to be plenty adequate for flying (though admittedly I’m on US domestic and US-CAN flights, not long hauls over an ocean). It may not be the best on the market, but there is an enormous difference if you remove them mid flight and I’d say they’re worth the money over trying to use something non-ANC and having to blast the volume to hear your media. Also, transparency mode at the airport waiting for your connection is a pretty fun experience. You hear literally everything (when I knew they were going to be paying people for bumps on an overbooked flight, I used the Q30 to make sure I didn’t miss the announcement).

1 Like

We’re kind of agreeing.

You find over ear less comfy, I find them more comfy. I think Soundcore allowing ANC across the entire product range is helpful so agree it should be added back to Q30.

I have Sony over-ear and Q30 and the Sony ANC is a lot better but is 4 times the cost. My answer is to buy Q30 but use Sony for long flights.

I’ve managed to reduce my flying from weekly a decade ago to monthly 3 years ago to nil now. Not been on a plane for over 2 years.

Hello ! I got a reply for my email asking if a downgrade of 2.30 is possible because I can’t set any EQ in wired mode ! Here is the answer from the support team :

Thank you so much for contacting Soundcore customer service. I’m so sorry that you met problems when using our product, we will help you as soon as possible.

I am very sorry that Q30 can not use APP in wired mode, and therefore can not set EQ. And I am very sorry that there is no old version of APP.

We are very sorry that the machine does not meet your needs at the moment, we will refer your question to our engineers. We do apologize for the inconvenience.

Thank you in advance for your understanding and support. Please feel free to contact us if you have any other questions.

Hope you a pleasant day!

Only chance is to wait for a future update that will enable again the functionalities !

2 Likes

Thanks for the update.

This “feature” is something that they’ve already had in the past, it’s ironic that they need more than 6 months to fix it.
Sound quality in wired mode is terrible.

1 Like

Hang on

The EQ is transmitted from the app to the Q30 and stay there until you turn off. Possibly they stay there til you use the app again but I not tested.

So, bluetooth connect to phone, set your preferred EQ, then disconnect bluetooth and plug in cable. Should in theory work.

I also agree that if Q30 did ANC initially when wired and they disabled it. A cynic would think it was to drive business to the more expensive Q35, but let’s just assume it’s an accident and they need keep being reminded to a firmware upgrade to enable ANC wired. It is a product over a year since release so they need very good reasons to revisit the old product.

com-gif-maker(8)

2 Likes

Hi all, I tested it yesterday: It is not possible to set EQ while the Q30 is wired. Also confirmed by Anker support. Does anybody own both (Firmware 2.1 and 2.3) and can tell us if there is a difference regarding the soundquality?

I’d expect it logically to not allow app support to set EQ while wired, as by definition wired disables bluetooth so app cannot work.

What I’d suggest you try is bluetooth connect, set the EQ you want, then connect wired and see if the EQ is as you had set it previously. That should work as the EQ is transmitted to the headphones and we’ve already seen persists between connections.

Unfortunately, it doesn’t work for me. I connected the Q30 via Bluetooth and set the EQ. Then I shut them down. Afterward, I plug in the wire. And then the EQ is back to default. :frowning: …or am I doing sth. wrong?

This is why I suspect that there might be slightly different hardware in the headphones with firmware 2.3.

Does anybody own both (Firmware 2.1 and 2.3) and can tell us if there is a difference regarding the sound quality?

Many thanks

Try - bluetooth connect - set EQ - bluetooth disconnect (don’t turn headphones off/on) - plug in wire.

EQ not sticky?

No, unfortunately, it doesn´t work. I tried 2 variants:

1. I connected the Q30 to my smartphone via Bluetooth. Then I set the EQ. After that, I turned off Bluetooth on my smartphone. I did NOT turn the headphones off and I plugged in the wire directly.
  2. I connected the Q30 to my smartphone via Bluetooth. Then I set the EQ. After that, I. I did NOT turn the headphones off and I plugged in the wire directly.

…no success… any other ideas?

I am still thinking about returning the headphones. But maybe anyone can answer the question:
Does anybody own both (Firmware 2.1 and 2.3) and can tell us if there is a difference regarding the sound quality?

many thanks

2 Likes

unfortunately it’s look like a hardware level change not software

from soundcore support team :

Thanks for reaching out to us and bringing this issue to our attention.

Please note that only the first batch of Soundcore Life Q30 can use the ANC while wired, but to make sure the stable Bluetooth connection, the original chip manufacturer then closes the ANC feature in the wired mode. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience and disappointment caused!

1 Like

Ahhhh.

That explains the whole story.

Thanks for sharing.

I’ve owned 4 Q30 the whole process.

Wait ! So before buying mine I read some reviews online for the Q30 that it can be used with ALL functionnalities WIRED. That’s part why I decided to buy it first place ! Then I discovered this issue like everyone else (but after my right to cancel my order and return the product), and wasn’t really worried because everybody said that we only need to wait for some kind of new software update, that their IT team work on this !

And now, I read that the current Q30 is not exactly the same as older ones, and that those wired functionalities will most likely never be enable on my Q30 because it’s not a software issue but a hardware issue ???

That’s terrible !!! Nowhere it was said that the Q30 I bought was different and that I will not be able to fully use it like the other ones !

2 Likes

Well, this is disappointing.

Just purchased the Q30 for a xmas present for someone who doesn’t like to use earbuds on planes. May have to go to Q35s or maybe get an older Q30 set. Sounds like Anker needs to have a chat with their chip provider.

I agree with others, this change should be disclosed on the product page. Boooo.

1 Like

Well, just sent CS a request to exchange for the Q35s but still applying the Black Friday pricing since if I’d known I would have purchased the Q35s.

Also wanted to see if they might have Cyber Monday promo before I sent in request. Then waited until the Live Chat was open this morning @ 9am PT and it’s still not usable at 9:30amPT. Is this normal CS level for soundcore?

My experience is don’t game the system, be open honest professional and give goodwill tends to elicit goodwill in return.

They know if you’re treated well you’re more likely to return as a long term customer. But it is best done privately via email rather than here in open forums.

I would want the ANC to work, but even more importantly, the EQ function. The headphones without EQ’ing sound like mush to me (way to much bass and not enough mids and highs). I was told that it couldn’t be done in software, but if a firmware update killed it, then a firmware update could fix it.

2 Likes

I totally agree with Phychbab. If a software update killed the option to use t EQ and ANC then a new software update could bring it back. The audio quality using the wired connection is totally unacceptable.

guys as I mentioned above soundcore support team informed me that it is a hardware change not software