The LÜM Launch Quiz: Can You Find Them All?

What has an umlaut and rhymes with “room?” No, it’s not “BRÜM.” You go to the corner and have a good long think about what you just said to me.

…all done? Good.

No, I’m talking about LÜM, the music streaming service that brings new and up-and-coming artists right to your favorite Soundcore speakers and headphones. It’s all done natively through the Soundcore app, and it’s LIVE as of today!

This means you’ll get to browse an enormous library of new music, right now, for free! Slap on your Liberty Air 2 Pro earphones or crank up your Flare 2, because we’re about to dive in.

Since LÜM is now live, we’re going to go on a scavenger hunt together. See if you can find one example of all 5; and let’s show some love to our LÜM-debuting artists by discovering their music.

OPEN UP LÜM IN THE SOUNDCORE APP AND FIND:

• A duet with a male and female singer
  • A song reminiscing about childhood/the past
  • A great club banger about partying!
  • A song that contains the name of a city, town, or road
  • A song you’ve never heard before from your favorite genre

The first 5 people to find a song for each category will get 20 points! How’s that for a sweet prize to go with some sweet tunes?

Once you’ve found songs for all 5 categories, post them below so we can discuss and have a jam session together! Who knows, your new favorite song could be waiting for you just a few clicks away in LÜM.

Let’s jam!

• Aaron
8 Likes

That was difficult because Lüm app is not available for my country. So I used Soundcore app.
Songs I did found:

Summary
  1. Alex James - Up High (feat. Riah Lena) (Duet)
    2. Michael Shynes - Back to 95 (song about the past)
    3. Jampact - Come and Get This (sure it’s about partying😁)
    4. Olie Joseph - Mexico (It’s about Mexico)
    5. Nick Anderson and The Skinny Lovers - Alone In Brooklyn (song from my favourite cathegory I never heard before but it can be counted as song about Brooklyn as well😁)
4 Likes
Summary

Elisheva - a humming bird song ft BRANDNEW

Mayodelic - young ft Manu

Jay Ham - ooh la la ft NATIIVE, Tre Wright

ollie joseph - Mexico

LiMM - On Everything

6 Likes

There’s a bug in the app. When I go to Lum it then keeps reminding me to go back. I have to force close, clear data, re-login and never use Lum again. I’ve already had to disable all notifications to stop it spamming me to go to Lum.

I’d like this Lum feature separated so I I can totally ignore it.

Thanks.

Not sure if this is legal in some countries, Google and others have got into trouble bundling features. Read my words I might save you a big fine. You buy some audio product and to use it you’re nagged to go to a streaming service. That’s like… buying an operating system and forced to use a browser or search engine. Looks up…

As with @VertigoXX, I too am unable to use the lüm app as it’s USA only… but alas soundcore app to the rescue!

Summary

1 - A Hummingbird Song - Elisheva ft. brandnew
2 - Strangers with Memories - Bobby Crane
3 - Get Down - DSKO (calm vibe, but still party)
4 - The Vatican - Da YoungFellaz (NYC) (great bass line, smooth flow and lyrically sweet)
5 - Ask me Twice - NATIIVE (chill edm w/ bit of dnb)

Can’t wait until the LÜM app releases here, as the GUI integration on the soundcore app is a bit unpolished if you will…doesn’t fit the screen…

1 Like

That’s the issue, it is not separate app, its bundled into the one app so you cannot choose to not have it.

No it is in other countries. I tried it from UK and worked, and then nagged me and I could not uninstall it. I suspect this is illegal in some markets because if you are forced to use a specific streaming service to use essential features of a product, that is largely seen as anti-trust. The fix is to separate streaming app from other app and let consumers decide which to install, i.e. I am stating this looks illegal to put them into one app and not separate.

1 Like

LUM in and of itself has a separate app available on google play and apple store, but not available outside of the us market,

LUM also, if wanting to gather notes, is again currently only USA.

However, the soundcore app has integrated into it the lüm player, so with limited functionality, I can still listen to playlists from lum, cannot search artists like the web based site, prior to lüm app launch.

So I can still enjoy, just somewhat limited function.

Summary
A duet with a male and female singer    **Tribe Mafia cant let go**
A song reminiscing about childhood/the past   **Nostalgia**
A great club banger about partying!  **Carousel**
A song that contains the name of a city, town, or road  **Hollywood fever**
A song you’ve never heard before from your favorite genre  **Chills**

I try to listen to LUM during my work day. My only issue is these dang work meetings several times a day interrupts my listening time :rofl:

It makes you realize more how many good singers are out there that are not getting recognized.

3 Likes
Summary

Elisheva - a humming bird song ft BRANDNEW

Mayodelic - young ft Manu

Jay Ham - ooh la la ft NATIIVE, Tre Wright

ollie joseph - Mexico

LiMM - On Everything

Broken Love (ft. Aviella) - Olmos
Last Summer 0 Ashley Nicole Green
Never Go - (Original Mix) Cxsmo
Mexico - Olie Joseph
Say the Word - Brooke Sierra - The groupings on here don’t cover my favorite categories exactly, but something I hadn’t heard before and enjoyed.

2 Likes

I liked Brooke Sierra too, she’s got a nice vibe.

1 Like

So many great songs on lüm

Summary

Up High (Feat. Rich Lena) -Aleks James
When You Were Mine -Gill Chang
Get Down -DSKO
San Francisco Bay -Hotel Johnny
LA Lonely -Fly by Midnight

2 Likes

Am I the only one who just immersed myself in the music and didn’t bother to pay attention to who I was listening too? No? I’m sorry :disappointed: I failed this one because I just enjoyed everything I heard and got lost in the music

5 Likes

Don’t say sorry! If that’s true then that just means you’re enjoying it, and if that’s happened then it’s mission successful from our point of view!

2 Likes

I ended up listening to lüm for a while after looking at a bunch of songs which was great

When I get a change from meeting, I just play it myself as well. I also have not heard much that I did not like so far

Not sure that “first 5” is the best way to go for a competition here, but probably just because I was later to the party…

The lack of participation indicates I wasn’t far wrong. Not much incentive to try after the points are given away.