Tips For Upgrading Liberty 2 Pro, Liberty Air 2, or Liberty 2’s Firmware on Android Phones

I would say reach out to support as if you have tried what other community members have said for you to do and it is not working or it is not just connecting the device to the app then it may be something technical that we could not help you with.

service@soundcore.com

Website Live Chat
Mon-Fri 9AM-5PM (PT)

Hi guys. Thx for the tips. Did any of you have a problem pairing with OnePlus 7T? After I press “ok” for the pairing of the second earbud it “Liberty Air 2 L” it connects for 2 seconds than it disconnects, if I press connect ti does the same again for 2 seconds. I did the pairing at least 5 times, every time the same result.
I can use the earbuds, they sound great, but I cannot update the firmware.

Anyone there who can help me:( just got them today. The phone is also new, so would not want to change neither the buds nor the phone.

Thx

2 Likes

It doesn’t work I cant get the firmware updated.

I have a problem the sound after upgrade.

I got the Liberty Air 2 today.

First it sounded great, then I upgraded the firmware.

Now the sound is metallic an flat. And no settings in the app can change that.

Can I remove the upgrade agian?

Or what to do?

Don’t know if this will be useful, but update to my liberty 2 was installed after 20+ tries))

2 Likes

Hello guys, unfortunately I am having problems with my Liberty Air 2. A firmware update for version 10.12 appeared right out of the box. Now my headphones no longer have the automatic pause option. Does anyone know how to solve?

As far as I know the airs with that firmware don’t have auto pause. If they did before the update the you can contact * service@soundcore.com and see if they can revert back to the old firmware.

As far as i know… Firmware cannot be downgraded, had asked this earlier for 2 other products, and got answer as No… So its a real challenge when its time to upgrade firmwares.

I contacted support and I’m waiting. It would be bad to lose a role in the update. I saw that the same phone has 2 firmware versions, 4.30 and 10.12 (without automatic pause) TKS.

1 Like

Thanks, do post what you hear from support!
Best of luck

The difference in the firmwares 4.30 and 10.12 is because the refer to two different hardware versions of the same model.
The first version had a proximity sensor and thus the auto-pause function. Firmware in that parts is 4.30.
The newest (second) version does not have a proximity sensor and no auto-pause function. Firmware in that parts is 10.12. So, I’m not sure you will ever get the auto-pause function with a part that doesn’t have a proximity sensor.

2 Likes

My version 4.30 is draining my battery life a lot quicker. I hear that versiom 4.26 is better for battery life.

How do I revert to firmware 4.26 so I can have my extended battery life back?

I don’t know if you can revert back.
You are better off emailing support.
service@soundcore.com
@Alreadyusedgum

1 Like

Goodness, the info here looks good but still remains quite unclear, so it took me a while to figure it out. I finally managed to do it as follows:

1. Disconnect and unpair (“Forget”) the buds from your Bluetooth (BT) device.
  2. Place the buds in the charging case (CC) and close it to turn the buds off.
  3. Take out the LEFT bud only and close the CC again to make sure the right bud stays off.
  4. Pair the left bud (Liberty Air 2-L) with your BT device, giving all permissions.
  5. Put the left bud back into the CC, close it to turn the buds off, then take out both buds.
  6. Pair both buds as a new device (Liberty Air 2) with the BT device, again giving all permissions.
  7. Disconnect Liberty Air 2 and, from the list of available devices, reconnect with ONLY the LEFT one (Liberty Air 2-L).
  8. Now go back to the Soundcore app and run the firmware update. It takes a little while (ca. 2 min), but then you’re set to go. Hope this helps, and you can enjoy the great sound!

I’ve done exactly all of this and STILL cannot update the firmware!!! Ugh!

I don’t get that message all I get is upgrade failed.

That’s because between step 1 and 2 you have to disable Bluetooth and reboot phone.

the installation goes up to 70% and gives an error. serial number 39130421448B8E62

Some reported success turning Wifi off, others had success doing opposite.

There’s plenty of in depth guides above try them first. Then contact support via email service@soundcore.com or chat go to your local country site from here https://uk.soundcore.com/pages/contact-us (change UK to your region top right corner)