Tips For Upgrading Liberty 2 Pro, Liberty Air 2, or Liberty 2’s Firmware on Android Phones

I’ve been having the same issue as @wipeout the left says 1.09 and the right 1.22, I’ve reset, unpaired, forgotten the earphones, cleared data, deleted and reinstalled the app both on iPhone and on Android and it still goes no further than 70% before giving an error.

4 Likes

I’d suggest that you get in touch with Soundcore Tech Support. They’re really great at sorting out problems. In my case (a different problem) they even sent out replacement earbuds in advance so I could keep using the problematic ones until the replacements arrived. Top class customer support!

2 Likes

Thanks for the tips, I purchased mine at best buy so I just did a quick exchange. The new pair updated no issues.

1 Like

Great to know you’ve now got things all sorted. One of the advantages of living in the USA I guess that you have plenty of ‘bricks and mortar’ shops to buy from at reasonable prices. Where I live in Scotland, if you want the very best prices for this sort of thing, you normally need to buy online (I bought mine through Amazon UK).

1 Like

Yes, I’ve done it exactly as the instructions describe multiple times. I’ve even Uninstaller and reinstalled the app and that also didn’t work. I’m getting the same problem as others: L is on 1.09 and R is in 1.22, and the firmware update stalls at 72%

4 Likes

LIBERTY 2 PRO RESET AND PAIRING METHOD

Try this hard reset of the buds

• Turn of Bluetooth on your phone
  • Delete the Bluetooth profile for the L2P
  • Put the buds back in the case- leave lid open
  • Hold the button on the back of the case until the LED on the buds turn red
  • close the lid for a few seconds
  • open the case
  • turn on Bluetooth on your device
  • wait for “liberty 2 pro” to show up, and click it
  • wait a few seconds
  • on the screen a pairing request should show up. Confirm it

Now both buds should be connected, and both stereo and mono mode should be working perfectly. You can now try to update then again

2 Likes

Doesn’t work. Still won’t update. Please fix the app! HearID also doesn’t work.

1 Like

Please follow steps here

1. Tips For Upgrading Liberty 2 Pro, Liberty Air 2, or Liberty 2’s Firmware on Android Phones

This addresses the firmware upgrade issue.

1. Tips and Tricks for Liberty 2 Pro

This gives tips and tricks.

Does not work for me. I have tried all the tips on Huawei p9 and Google pixel 2 xl. No luck, firmware update always errors out at around 5 percent. Cannot seem to make it work! Hard resets, app reinstall, tried them all. Any tips?

1 Like

It still doesn’t work. Will you fix it or suggest a better way of updating the software.

Have tried serval times and doesn’t work. Then I have find the FAQ thing from the box which mention some device may not able to pair with both earbuds but the request of updating the system by pair the earbuds at the same time. You already mentioned that some devices not available to pair at the same time but if you want to update it you have to pair both at same times. What a stupid idea!!!

1 Like

Have tried several times all the hints here above without any success.
The reset of the gears doesn’t help.

I’m in the same boat as many here…L is v4.23, R is v4.26, and any attempt to update usually errors out around 65% to 75%, though sometimes much less. I think I’ll try tech support and see how that goes.

1 Like

@Leolargo @Andy262 please reach out to Soundcore Support Service@soundcore.com , they should be able to help with resolution steps

1 Like

I have liberty air 2 which shows I’m up to date with firmware 04.15 when I press the updater, on my pixel 3a, what firmware version are we currently at?

I’ve followed these instructions to the “t”. I’ve watched videos on it. I’ve reset multiple times, uninstalled the app, you name it. The firmware will not update. Also, idk if it’s normal, but when my earbuds are paired, the “Liberty Air 2” says paired & shows connected for audio & calls, while the “Liberty Air 2-L” shows paired but NOT connected for audio & calls. Both buds work for audio & calls, so I’m assuming it’s how they normally show up. Also, I can’t select any setting with high bass, or I get this sound like someone blowing into a microphone. Probably a firmware update? If it helps, my phone is a Samsung Galaxy Note 9.

I am just going to ask as I helped 3-4 people this week about this issue. You have them connected to the bluetooth but have you connected the earbuds to the app. Meaning that you went to the app and found your device and click connect. This will go out to search your bluetooth for a Liberty Air 2 to connect it to the app.

I would say you have done that but I did not want to assume either way. Sometimes the issue is the most simplest/

I know reading some of my past instructions booklet that some earbuds will pair via the rt one even though they could be paired individually and it just depended your device (usually older devices). Although I would think a Galaxy Note 9 would be more recent than other devices.

With the firmware I think you could open the case and have the buds there and it may work or take them out and place them right next to it. Although that may not do it. You may want to check external factor such as your internet connection. I know I use to have one internet company that I could not get a kids device updated until I changed internet companies and it downloaded in a few seconds.

As far as that I am not able to help. I do think there is a fix for that and it gives you two options depending on your environment.

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I’ve done that. I’ve also tried updating with the buds in and out of the case. I will try using my mobile data instead of my internet. I don’t have the fastest connection, but it powers several devices at a time just fine & works for streaming 4k content, so I don’t think that’s it. My cellular data is often slower than my wifi these days.