Transparency or Ambient mode for Liberty 2 Pro's

I don’t know if this has been discussed yet but is there any way for the earbuds to have a firmware update that will allow an ambient mode to be used? I figure it’s possible since they are basically already using this while on calls. If so that would make these literally the best earbuds I’ve ever used, and they already sound the best!

11 Likes

In the original announcement event for the liberty 2 pros, they said they were working on adding transparency mode via a software update.

Not that much has been followed up since then, and I have doubts as to if they are still planning on adding this feature.

3 Likes

It will be a shame, if it Transparency mode cannot be added :frowning:

4 Likes

If they were, I figure the L2P hiss gate has taken over to get a fix or replacement done first.

With that said Loz did state NC in more products. I wonder if that is a hint for L2P. Probably not. lol

2 Likes

Haha, read his comments more closely. It is 100% a hint at L2P. Anytime someone says something about ANC in the liberty 2 pro, he says “watch this area”

2 Likes

@Loz already said that as of now there is nk time frame for it to be released, they are having difficulties implementing it

3 Likes

And now? Its been 4 months

1 Like

I’ve learned my lesson. Make purchases based on the features a product has now, not what it’s supposed to get in the future.

3 Likes

That is a good rule to live by indeed.

Never over-promise if it ain’t possible… too early to say, something might be in works… let us give Soundcore some more time to provide a response

Excellent rule to live by. I have many products that were supposed to become more than they are - all that I enjoy even without the additional features, but still. It often turns out that it is harder / less valuable to retrofit than the manufacturer thoughts, and so they don’t do it. If it is the feature you are buying for, wait until it is implemented before jumping in.

Following this thread because the ONLY feature I wish my L2Ps had is transparency!

2 Likes

Ambient sound would be far more useful than ANC in my personal opinion. I’d love to see that added to Liberty 2 Pro and Liberty Air 2.

12 Likes

Agree 100 percent… if they had transparency i dont hafta worry bout gettin in trouble while at work lol

2 Likes

An Ambient Sound mode feature is table stakes. This feature would convince me to keep these. Back to my Sony wf-1000xm3 set.

2 Likes

Have to agree as well. I’m actually looking into other TWS sets just to have transparency/ambient mode lol, but hesitant to pull the trigger as the only alternative set that has THAT and wireless charging is the 1More ANC and that one lacks an IP rating.

Also I’m hopelessly in love with the EQ-able nature of the L2P - which the 1More doesn’t have either (they don’t even have a dedicated EQ in their app).

So yeah, getting transparency/ambient mode on the L2P would be killer.

(Also a dark mode for the app but that’s another story altogether lol)

5 Likes

Don’t think it would be that difficult to get a dark mode on any app. It’s just some recolouring, that’s all.
I’m sure it isn’t a huge task to add ambient noise pass through on Liberty 2. Just mix input from bluetooth with that of ambient mics… I think soundcore are keeping it as a premium feature to include in yet another more expensive set. It’s a shame.

4 Likes

I really wish this were a feature. I bought them based on a few websites that listed them as allowing ambient noise through (while sounding decent). Now I’ve spent $150 for a feature they don’t actually have. They do sound decent, but if I’m basing things solely off of sound I’ll go with my sony WF-XB700. However, both make me unaware of my surroundings when jogging, and I really don’t like that. Going to try the AirPod pros next for this feature.

1 Like

Jumping in here just to say… this is an important feature for me as well. I love the headphones, but I’m still in the return window and I just can’t hang onto these without the promise of this feature.

1 Like

I still think these buds sound better than any I’ve ever used. I do agree they should have an ambient sound mode available, and we’ve been waiting a long while now for an update. I’ve been using my Galaxy buds for day to day and then use the Liberty 2 Pros at night for movies and YouTube.

2 Likes