What kind of stereo are you using beside our soundcore speaker?

I do have Linux (5 Raspberry Pis now :smiley: and Rpi v4 order is messed - still fighting it out ) , but nothing much for the music. Was planning on Mopidy, been busy with lot of other things going on, not finding time. hopefully one of these days will do it.

1 Like

Ohhhhh!
Never touched these Rasberry things.

Too bad I am retired now.
A colleaque at our chair was quite an expert to fumble around with those Rasberries.
And I remember he oftenwas really devastated, so ā€œold Papa Franzā€ gave him a big hug and he was feeling betterā€¦

What I do and did:
I ā€œwake upā€ old an ā€œunusableā€ laptops with LINUX OS.
No chance to get them working with that WINdoofs 10.
Garbage? NOT ME!!

1 Like

Ever since I started using these, i have not touched my home laptop (Win 10), migrated my Media server (Plex ) from Windows to Raspbian (Rpi version of Linux), now to move to Audio portionā€¦

Will pair it with Icon Mini for Audio ā€¦ these have the Bluetooth :smiley: and name it RPIcon Mini :rofl:

1 Like

Take an old laptop which will never work under WIN10 and try a LINUX.
I am sure you will like it.

But: LINUX and bluetooth are no friends! :laughing:

1 Like

oh yeahā€¦ i already tested it and use it once in a while ā€¦ Linux Mint Live using USB

Bluetooth with Rpi is working well so far, I pair my BT keyboard whenever I need to connect to the GUI

1 Like

Go on!
May be we both are more than such an exclusive club using that
OS.
Linux mint is fine.
I even can tell you how you get bluetooth working.

2 Likes

100,000 songs. So no real limit for my purposes.

@Chiquinho https://www.addictivetips.com/ubuntu-linux-tips/upload-music-to-google-music-on-linux/

I personally just did it from my Mac (homebrew Hackintosh) because it was easier, but as you say, it can always be done from linux if you are willing to take the effort. Mint is debian based, so basically a mainline distribution and shouldnā€™t be any big issues there.

2 Likes

Thank you.
I will check this.
Was too late yesterday to brake into the matter!

thanks, I will check this out, i have some songs / files (not 100K :smiley: ) but will be handy to have these in cloud and play back via Home Cluster

Anyone have any recommendations on car stereo systems? I wish soundcore made one :thinking:

I have a 5 disc pioneer dvd player-surround sound system that I am just realizing has been with me for about 10 years. I have a JBL speaker and a few off brands that I take to work with me to listen to music there (iSymphony). Now my wife will bring a 1980-90 something Jambox that her mother had kept for her and use that to listen to music while swimming when she does not grab my Spirit X.

You canā€™t go wrong with Alpine or Pioneer recievers.

2 Likes

I second that, I too have Alpine ones and these are are great!

Our old Volkswagen is not so perfectly equipped. :grinning:
Radio, CD thats all.
I could used the bt adding a dongle,
but I think I will not
Not using the car often.