What type of music do you listen to?

Dance and classical

As Iā€™ve gotten olderā€¦preferring smooth guitar jazz.

What da fk is asmr?

Itā€™s this really weird trend thing thatā€™s been going around. Just search for it on YT. Itā€™s weird

Asmr= Autonomous sensory meridian respons

Surely you canā€™t deliberately.make this happen?

There are times a singers voice n the tune is special it gives you goosebumps n a tingle, but Iā€™ve never tried to play a sound/song to specificly give me tingles.

The first time I heard a male coverā€¦ Your face, by Celine Dion, I got tingles. Next time I heard it, it was just as azing but no tingle.

This goes back a.little to what I said earlier, with memories. Crunching leaves might give you goosebumps as you recall a time yourself or ayour child crunched leaves for the first time.

I still love the crunch of fresh snow, but hearing it wouldnā€™t give me tingles but i might smile at remembering walking with a loved one in fresh snow, but not shivers!

Listen to it with headphones on, relax yourself and immerse yourself in what your listening to. Itā€™s quite relaxing

I did that in the 80s listening to, dark side of the moon, while smoking a joint :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:. That really enhanced the music!

Pretty sure it was the whacky baccy more than the music, but that album def helped!

Pink Floyd is extraordinary. :wink:

Right now Iā€™m listening to the Kings singers. An excellent menā€™s a capella group. If youā€™ve never heard of them i highly recommend you listen to at least one song.

Man I canā€™t get over how good they are. A capella is super hard. Iā€™ve been in a number of groups over years. Performing a capella is nerve racking.

There voices are so calming, and amazing. Pretty much everything they do it so technically correct. They have managed to create music that is ā€œpopā€ music, but they sing it in a somewhat classical (somewhat) style. They have a perfectly balanced group. Itā€™s amazing. I donā€™t know why I donā€™t listen more often

All kinds!

I know I need sleep, but Iā€™m still listening to this music :sweat_smile:

So Iā€™m listening to a variety channel at work, some bachata came on and I havnt listened to it in a while so I decided to put it in myself. I remember Aventura was a top bachata group so I play their channel.

Aventura got me over here working and dancing to their music, and my coworkers think Iā€™m crazy. Gotta be careful not to hurt my knee , but dang I miss this music. As a kid my family use tj have dances all the time and i would always dance, but as we got older they stopped and I kinda just brushed it off. Now I just wanna dance dance dance
SmoggyRightCrab-size_restricted

I have a wide and eclectic taste in music. So if badges were to be introduced (which I like) I suspect Iā€™d look like an old war time General with a chest full of medals!

What I like about this conversation is that it allows contributors to make recommendations of music styles or particular songs that means something to them and may be new to me.

On a professional level music has always played a big part in my life and in differing ways. As a performer, I have been employed in opera, musical theatre and concert work. If preparing for a filmed scene, and the scene requires an emotional depth, listening to music can help you mentally and emotionally get to that place especially if the script alone cannot help you achieve the required response. If writing listening to the music of the period Iā€™m researching or writing about helps. Or just to escape listening to pop music from the 70ā€™s/80ā€™s and 90ā€™s lifts my spirits no end.

1 Like

Yes Stanley Kubrick! :wink:

1 Like

Great to know Iā€™m in good company! Although thankfully Iā€™m still alive (only just!) :rofl:

Do you mean Stanley Kubrick (1928 -1999)?
The use of classical music to accompany scenes is unique!
(eg. Clockwork Orange, Barry Lyndon or Odyssee 2000)
All are milestones regarding cinematic art

2 Likes

@Shenoy I was gonna say it in the other thread, but I might as well Move it to the proper thread.

Have you listened to the kings singers before? I highly recommend there earlier stuff (but the newer stuff is good to).

The Unique thing about their group is they they chance singers over the years, but the sound of the group stays very similar.

Mostly rock, metal, punk, and alternative for me. I like it loud :slight_smile: