Will Soundcore Life Q30 get a firmware update?

It’s nice that there is still no official response from Anker. Moreover, although I asked for information from the contact form, I did not get a response.

Duane’s answer is helpful for some people. I personally rarely take calls on a headset without a mic in front of my face, like the strike 3s.

I like my Q20s, but haven’t taken more than a few calls on them ever. We all have different use cases.

But not helpful for some people. We need to know it can be fixed with firmware updates.

Thank you for all Soundcore and Anker team(!)… I wrote an email to service[at] and tried to contact on Instagram but there is no response.

True, but your first response said it didn’t help anyone. Just clarifying that.

Fixed: In this thread

Official responses from Soundcore and Anker:

Dear Customer,
Thanks for reaching out to us and letting us know your concern.
To address your concern, please note we’re collecting feedback from our customers regarding the mic issue on these Life Q30 headphones and we’ll keep striving to improve our products.
Regarding the firmware of these headphones, I regret to notify you that there is no update on it, while you’ll receive an update notification via APP if there is any update in the future.
Thanks for your time and support.
-Sunny from Soundcore Customer Support

Q30 improved microphone performance with firmware updates.
-Ann Huang from Anker Official Store on AliExpress

1 Like

Thanks for pasting their response.

Do they know if it is fixable given 2 mics vs 4 mics? Software can only optimise within the limits of hardware.

2 Likes

I’m not sure they are working coordinate with product managers. They just said basically “Yes we know and we will try to fix”.

I’m happy to see Anker acknowledge that the mic issue is real and that they’ve started listening to customers and looking into the issue. At least that’s what I read from the reply that got posted here. But I also know that no responsible company would rush a bugfixing firmware update once the product is out on the market. I think they just need some time to figure it all out and hopefully come up with a solution, so I’d say let’s show some patience and see how it’s going on Anker’s end. After all and working mics or not, the Q30s still offer great value for money.

I wouldn’t expect anything more than that at this point. And since there are no published specs on mic performance, I’m not even sure how you prove it isn’t good enough.

I don’t like the mic either. It’s oddly worse than some of their earbud offering9.

I hope they can fix with firmware updates. I bought Q30 10 days ago on AliExpress but it’s not arrived yet.

I’ve contacted Soundcore Customer Service regarding mic issue and received the following response:

Thank you for contacting Soundcore Customer Service. We are very sorry to hear about the issue with your headphones! We would love to make this right for you as quickly and easily as possible.

It’s a pity there is no software to be upgraded to solve this issue at this moment. Sorry for the disappointment.

The rest was about troubleshooting tips.

It’s sad to read this. A few weeks ago they answered my questions and said they will fix it with firmware updates. It’s really confusing.

1 Like

Thank you Anker people for fixing the call quality :heart:

Received update last night (1.80) and now the mics work fine for audio notes, audio messages and calls. The update seems to get rid of excessive noise gate and noise filtering, so at least in quiet environments the mic quality is top notch for a pair of over-ear headphones, awesome for home office!

When out and about, I’m golden with my Spirit X2 (wish they had app support/EQ and ANC, too).

That said, I just ordered a second pair for my bro as a Christmas gift :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Man… I glad to hear that. My Q30 is still on the way, can’t wait to get from post office. Thank you for sharing us your experience.

Must be limited rollout, I’m still at 1.7

Not uncommon though, to roll firmwares and other software updates out in waves instead of all at once. Keeps the server admins sane :smiley:

Me too, still have 1.7. Have you guys instead noticed an annoyng noice when connectet via bluetooth? Every time i start to reproduce something i hear a noice, no problem durinig the playing or when plugged via AUX.