Will Soundcore Life Q30 get a firmware update?

Using them now with Spotify on Android 8 and had the Bandcamp app running earlier, no sound other than my music when I hit play.

Thank you for replying!!
It is not a clearly audible noise, it is really heard for an instant. I would be really grateful if you could give it a try for me (if I don’t bother :)). Could you stop any playback, wait about ten seconds, and then click play on a song? I try to explain in words what sound I hear, even if it is not at all simple hahaha. You know when you plug the aux cable into the jack port? That as soon as you put it in the port you hear that kind of electrical noise? it’s very similar to that. Thank you for your time

I just did. Nothing. Tested with Spotify, Youtube, ASR, Bandcamp on Android, and Youtube, Netflix, Prime Video on Windows 10. Dead quiet until audio playback starts and when it does, it’s just the content played, no short noise whatsoever. But I’m using the Q30 for a month now and never experienced that weird noise you described, nothing like plugging a plug into the jack (well described btw, I now that little bugger too well, particularly with older devices haha)…

Are you paired to two devices? Could be the switching between them?

Got it, thanks a lot again. These are my first bloutooth headphones and I didn’t know if it was normal hahaha. I will contact support.

1 Like

Nope, only one device connected at time.

Have you tried connecting to other devices? Laptop, TV, different phone to make sure it’s not the device you’re currently using that causes the issue?

Wasn’t my question, did you pair with more than one? Connected is something different.

What do you mean? i paired them with only one device at the same time. But i paired with the pc too, but not simultaneously with the phone.

Yes, the noise is heard even when connected to the pc unfortunately …

1 Like

No I mean paired with two, not connected to two.

Delete all pairings, turn off all bluetooth, reset the Q30 and then pair only with 1 device. See what happens.

You also said the word PC… I’m spotting a pattern.

I’ll try immediately, thanks for the help in the meantime !!

1 Like

They can be paired to two at the same time while being connected to only one of these two devices. Sometimes, one device can randomly take over connection, while you’re using the other one and think it’s connected to the headphones. As soon as you hit play, the connection might switch back causing a noise, I think that’s what The_Professor was talking about. Deleting all pairing info should eliminate that as the culprit.

1 Like

Correct.

Multipoint allows a device to either control A2DP or HSP/HFP. If they are connected concurrently, one gets one and other gets other (e.g. phone gets HSP, one gets A2DP) , but if one is periodically attempting connecting, then the A2DP is bounded to HSP and back to A2DP.

Seems to be an issue specific to laptops, I’m seeing it come up often and trying to see if it’s what’s happening in this case. So appreciate trying at least…

3 Likes

I did what you told me. So, the first time ever I play anything after resetting the headphones, that noise is NOT heard. But as soon as I pause the song, I wait for those 5 seconds for the connection to break, and I click play again, as soon as it starts playing I hear that sound again. I don’t know what to do … I think I will contact support asking for a new pair of headphones. Thanks so much everyone again for the help !!!

2 Likes

oh well we tried!

2 Likes

Sorry to hear it didn’t work out as we hoped! Good thing it’s an Anker device, their support does care for customers. You should get a working pair I’m sure.

1 Like

That is good news! I would love to see this confirmed by more people, but great feedback and thanks for the information.

2 Likes

Q30 with great mic performance

Let your ears be the judge :wink:

4 Likes

Job well done :+1: I like how you put in the effort to test and then to share.

Found your earlier recording, quite the contrast.

I’m still waiting to get updated.

Screenshot_20201128-192003

1 Like