Core Update 112 | News, Awards of the Week, and More

Let’s kick off the week with some #MondayMotivation. Forget about the cold, gloomy weather outside and start your day off with a song that helps me dance away the Monday morning blues:

Do you have any tracks you’d like to nominate for next week’s #MondayMotivation? Share yours in the comments below.

Soundcore Stories #GoldenSound Edition
This week, @sean.L sits down with 5-time GRAMMY winning engineer Ignacio Molino. In this packed episode, Ignacio teaches Sean how to write a latin infused pop song and they discuss the crossover potential between different styles of music. They also have a very frank discussion about how music streaming may have a negative effect on music, due to the fact it’s becoming harder for artists, engineers, producers, and labels to make any money from the art they create.

:arrow_right:Listen to the podcast episode via:

:point_right: Apple

:point_right: Spotify

:point_right: For those without an app: Tune in Here

Soundcore Frames Life Hacks
Have you checked out all the ways in which Soundcore Frames make your life 100% more awesome? We’ve already had some great suggestions in the comments and my favorites so far are:

@The_Professor
Life Hack 10 - don’t miss your flight
When sat at airport you can be watching and listening to a film while not missing the gate change or early boarding.

@Duane_Lester
Sharing is caring—Best hack is to be able to share with significant other such as your wife. With the 10 styles, I could see me wearing one style and my wife could swap out for a front frame that she likes.

Make sure you check out the post HERE and add your life hacks in the comments.

Coming Up This Week
I know that @TheSnarkyOne is going to be very excited for this as we’re finally bringing back #NewMusicFriday! Plus, we’re giving you the chance to get involved with next week’s podcast episode with one of our GRAMMY-winning audio producers! Start thinking about what questions you’d like to ask them and check out the post tomorrow.

Awards of the Week
This week’s winners are…

Photo of the Week: @TheSnarkyOne shared this awesome snap!
potw1115

This Week’s Photo Contest: Winter is coming…

Collective Member of the Week: Thanks for being awesome, @ndalby!

Thread of the Week: @Michael_Frasca shared his custom EQ preset for the Soundcore app for everyone to try. Check it out HERE and leave your thoughts in the comments.

Weekly Giveaway Winner: Congratulations @ndalby! Please make sure you send @sean.L a message with your delivery details.

And finally, let’s have some fun with a quick music quiz. Let me know how many you get right in the comments below:

1. Which English Sir has had No. 1’s in the 50’s, 60’s, 70’s, 80’s and 90’s?
  2. Jimmy, Robert, John and John: can you identify this rock band from the first names of their original line-up?
  3. How many members are there in South Korean boyband BTS?
  4. In what year were the hit songs Uptown Funk, Bad Blood, Chandelier, Fancy, Rather Be and Anaconda released?

:musical_note::notes:

10 Likes

Answers to the quiz:

Summary
  1. Sir Cliff Richard
  2. Led Zeppelin
  3. 7
  4. 2014

How many did you answer correctly?

2 Likes

Thanks for the mention.

Congrats to Neil @ndalby to the win and being the member of the week even though hasn’t posted here for 9 days :crazy_face:

3 Likes

Congratulations to Neil (@ndalby) and @TheSnarkyOne.

1 Like

Thanks @Hannah for a most exciting update this Monday.

Firstly, congrats to the other winners! Second thanks for selecting my photo for photo of the week.

I am super excited about the return of new music Friday!! Thanks so much for bringing it back!

Cant wait for the next podcast, and also the op to ask some more questions.

Lastly, here are my answers…

Sir Elton John
Led Zepplin (jimmy Paige and Robert Plant gave it away for me)
7 (just finished watching their tiny desk concert)
2016 (stretch guess… :roll_eyes:)

Hope everybody has a great week!

1 Like

Without googling… Only 2. Thanks for the fun!

1 Like

Grats to the winners. Accidentally saw the answers :rofl: So I will not guess.

Grats to @TheSnarkyOne and double grats to @ndalby

I do nt think that the member of the week has to be a what have you done for me lately kinda reward. It could be from something in the past but had to wait in line for it or a number of other factors… at least that is my thoughts.

2 Likes

Congrats to the winners and all those mentioned! @The_Professor and @Duane_Lester are awesome at hacking life!!

3 Likes

Truthfully, I will say that being married that I think my wife would like this as well. I could see families buying at least 3 to 4 lenses easily. (her a pair, me a pair, a blue tinted pair and etc).

I could see them being good when driving locally or at longer distances. One of the last trips I took the kids on vacation, I wore my L2 pros and had the GPS connected to my phone. Kids were just loud and it was easier to listen through the buds to the GPS than to have the device talk over the kids. :rofl: (so basically listen to my surroundings and still listen to other stuff as well.

1 Like

Thanks for the Update @Hannah. I look forward to reading it.
Congrats to all the winners with a special shout-out to @TheSnarkyOne. Really nice picture.
I hope everyone has a great week! :+1:

3 Likes

Thank you for the shoutout Hannah! And congrats to the winners!

2 Likes

Thanks for update, @Hannah
Congrats to winners.

2 Likes

Tell them there’s poisonous gas?

They’ll learn a useful skill of sign language.

1 Like

Here’s a #MondayMotivation song for today! :kissing:

1 Like

Thanks for the update @hannah and the congrats @The_Professor @Chiquinho @Duane_Lester

Did scratch my head though when I first read as I’ve been a hermit for a few weeks on this community (life and it’s little things).

Congrats to the others named this week, hope you have a good one :+1:

4 Likes

Thanks for the update @Hannah and congratulations to this week’s winners!

2 Likes

Often the very famous “Mr. Random” is more wise than he is supposed to be! :laughing:

1 Like

Thanks for the weekly update @Hannah. Congrats to all the winners. Here’s to a great week ahead everyone.
I accidentally saw the quick quiz answers, so no point in me repeating them.

3 Likes

Congrats to all the winners especially: @TheSnarkyOne. This week you have a chance to win again, because only you already have snow :snowflake: :smiley:.

3 Likes