Core Update 126 | Ready for Some #MondayMotivation?

Happy Monday everyone! Let’s kick off this new week with a hit song that will help you beat the Monday blues: Surface Pressure by Jessica Darrow from the movie Encanto.

I absolutely love this part: “I move mountains, I move churches and I glow, 'cause I know what my worth is”.

Soundcore Stories Podcast | New Episode :dizzy:

In this week’s episode, we’ve got an interview with Alex Pasco, a 5-time GRAMMY Award winning engineer. Alex will be talking to Sean about using some wild techniques to capture sound, how he and his band managed to achieve new highs, current innovations that excite him, and more.

Don’t forget to stay tuned and subscribe to the podcast so you’ll be notified when the new episode drops:

Ways to listen to the podcast:

Apple (Remember to leave us a rating while you’re here!)

Spotify

For those without a subscription service: Listen HERE

New Music Friday | Winners and Updates :trophy:

Every week there are 20 Points and 10 Notes up for grabs in our New Music Friday contest! This week’s winners are:

A Song with an Emotion in the Title: Don’t Worry Be Happy - Bob Marley, nominated by @Duane_Lester

A Song by a Boy Band/Girl Band: I Want It That Way - Backstreet Boys, nominated by @Duane_Lester

A Song That’s Been Featured in an Ad: Viva La Vida - Coldplay, nominated by @jess4002

Soundcore Challenge | 500 Points Awaits :mag_right:

Don’t forget to take part in the Soundcore Challenge and win 500 po ints here! We’ve adjusted it from 100 and today is your last chance to collect points for the February leaderboard. It’s really simple, just find the difference between the photos. Good luck!

Music Trivia | Test Your Knowledge :brain:

Let’s get our brains firing on all cylinders this Monday with some short music trivia questions and leave your answers below!

1. What’s the name of the latest Avril Lavigne album?
  2. Who was the youngest Beatle?
  3. Shallow won best original song at the Oscars in 2019. What film did it feature in?
  4. The Friends theme song “I’ll Be There For You”, was recorded by which band?
  5. In what year did Justin Timberlake release Cry Me A River?

Awards of the Week

Photo of the Week: Congratulations @TheSnarkyOne! That’s one cute little owl!

This Week’s Photo Contest: Spring is here!

Collective Member of the Week: Thank you @Craig_Paterson, always!

Thread of the Week: @VertigoXX - An interesting discussion about personalizing your Soundcore earbuds and a couple of good examples. Who else has tried to personalize their earbuds? Do you pesonalize your Soundcore products?

Have a great week ahead everyone!

9 Likes

Thanks for the weekly update @Winniew95, and I’m honoured to be selected as the Collective Member of the Week – thank you :blush:

Congrats to all the winners and also good luck to those who have and will participate in the Soundcore Challenge. And especially to @TheSnarkyOne for the pet owl photo :wink:

My Answers to the Music Trivia Quiz

What’s the name of the latest Avril Lavigne album? – Love Sux
Who was the youngest Beatle? – George Harrison
Shallow won best original song at the Oscars in 2019. What film did it feature in? – A Star Is Born
The Friends theme song “I’ll Be There For You”, was recorded by which band? – The Rembrandts
In what year did Justin Timberlake release Cry Me A River? – 20 years ago in 2002

4 Likes

Hey thanks @Winniew95 for the update, and super excited to be selected for photo of the week!

Congrats @Craig_Paterson on being member of the week, some great music shares!

Also, congrats to the other winners!

My brain be a bit foggy this morning… so here are my answers…

Summary
  1. Love sux - great album, was listening to it this weekend!
  2. ?
  3. A Star is Born
  4. The Rembrandts
  5. ? But it’s an oldie… lol
4 Likes

Thanks for the Update @Winniew95. I always look forward to it. :+1:
Congrats to all the winners! :clap:
I hope everyone has a great week. :+1:

My answers:

Summary
  1. Love Sux
  2. George Harrison