Core Update 130 | Time for Another #MondayMotivation

Hello everyone! Kicking off this week with a #MondayMotivation track to put us in a good mood for the new week, Harleys in Hawaii by Katy Perry.

I’m not sure about you but this song is a complete stress reliever for me! :joy:

Soundcore Stories Podcast | What’s Your Pick? :star:

Instead of introducing a new episode featuring a new guest this week, let’s switch it up. We’ll let you lead the podcast! Feel free to let us know:

• Who you would love to hear from
  • What topics you would like us to cover

You’ll never know, we might get a backstage interview for your chosen artist or person!

In the meantime, don’t forget to check out our interview with 7-time GRAMMY Award winning audio engineer, Brian Vibberts. If you didn’t know before, he gave some really good insights and stories about how he switched his career from NASA to working on the latest Disney soundtracks and also his experience having his hair cut during the recording sessions for American Idiot by Green Day.

Ways to listen to the podcast:

Apple (Remember to leave us a rating while you’re here!)

Spotify

For those without a subscription service: Listen HERE

New Music Friday | Winners and Updates :crown:

Every week there are 20 Points and 10 Notes up for grabs in our New Music Friday contest! This week’s winners are:

Your Favorite New Release of 2022: Kick - Def Leppard, nominated by @ndalby, and Sacrifice - The Weeknd, nominated by @VertigoXX.

A Song That Everyone Loves and You Think is Overrated: I Don’t Care - Ed Sheeran & Justin Bieber, nominated by @VertigoXX, and We Don’t Talk About Bruno - Encanto Soundtrack, nominated by @TheSnarkyOne.

A Song with a Title Beginning with the Letter “H”: High Hopes - Panic at the Disco, nominated by @VertigoXX.

Congratulations to all winners! For a chance to win next week, enter the latest #NewMusicFriday here!

Sounds Good! | Who Won?

Remember when we asked you to come up with your own interpretation of what “Sounds Good” this actor was listening to?

Thank you for joining in the fun last week, and our favorite caption goes to how @Duane_Lester envisioned our Princess of Soundcore @hannah in hip hop version of how she came up with the name for Wakey Wakey! He even wrote several lines of lyrics! Kudos and congratulations @Duane_Lester, you’ve got 50 points!

Music Trivia | Test Your Knowledge :nerd_face:

Let’s get our brains firing on all cylinders this Monday with some short music trivia questions and leave your answers below!

1. What was Madonna’s first UK top ten single?
  2. Which country pop singer was born Eilleen Regina Edwards?
  3. How many strings does a violin usually have?
  4. What city hosted the Beatles as the resident band at the Kaiserkeller and Top Ten Club?
  5. The Stratocaster is a model of which guitar maker?

Awards of the Week :1st_place_medal:

Photo of the Week: @Craig_Paterson Nice use of the Macro lens! :camera_flash:

This Week’s Photo Contest: #EarthHour

Collective Member of the Week: @VertigoXX

New Collective Member of the Week: @NelsonJazon1 Welcome to the community! :wave:

Thread of the Week: @duane_lester started a nice thread about getting to know each other in the Soundcore community. Check it out here!

And that’s it! Have a splendid week everyone!

8 Likes

Thanks for the weekly update @Winniew95. And I was really pleased that my pic was chosen for Photo of the week as there were some great contenders again this week. Congrats to all the other winners and hope everyone has a great week ahead!

My Trivia Answers
  • What was Madonna’s first UK top ten single?
    Holiday

• Which country pop singer was born Eilleen Regina Edwards?
    Shania Twain (had to look that one up)

• How many strings does a violin usually have?

• What city hosted the Beatles as the resident band at the Kaiserkeller and Top Ten Club?
    Hamburg

• The Stratocaster is a model of which guitar maker?
    Fender

3 Likes

Thanks for the Update @Winniew95. I always enjoy reading it! :+1:

Congrats to all the winners, especially @VertigoXX, @Craig_Paterson, and @Duane_Lester. You guys killed it! :clap::clap::clap:

I hope everyone has a great week!

PS I almost forgot:

Trivia Answers

Summary
  1. Frozen
  2. Shania Twain
  3. 4 Strings
  4. Hamburg
  5. Fender
3 Likes

Thanks for Update and nomination @Winniew95
Congrats to all other winners

Summary
  1. What was Madonna’s first UK top ten single?
    No answer
  2. Which country pop singer was born Eilleen Regina Edwards?
    No answer
  3. How many strings does a violin usually have?
  4. What city hosted the Beatles as the resident band at the Kaiserkeller and Top Ten Club?
    Hamburg
  5. The Stratocaster is a model of which guitar maker?
    Fender
2 Likes

Nice surprise this morning, and congrats to the other weekly winners.

Couple big pulls… @VertigoXX and @duane_lester and nice phot again @Craig_Paterson

Hoping everybody keeps safe as possible, and has a great week.

Summary
  1. Borderline
  2. No clue :pensive:
  3. 3
  4. Yikes, no idea
  5. Fender (not as good as a Godin 5th AVE kingpin… :wink:)

Cheers

3 Likes