Core Update 136 | New Week, New Updates

Welcome back to another Monday Core Update! We’re hoping it’s sunny wherever you are, but if not, this classic number from The Beatles, Here Comes the Sun, will hopefully bring out the shine.

Who’s Excited for Motion Boom Plus?

We received lots of positive feedback when we announced our next exciting launch. Coming soon on May 30th, 2022, who’s ready for Motion Boom Plus? This all-new outdoor speaker is extremely powerful and goes the distance. With 80W booming sound, it’s the perfect speaker to crank up big parties and outdoor events! Check out the article here :eyes:

New Music Friday | Winners and Updates :crown:

Sorry for missing out on this update previously, we’ve got a double update this week. Congratulations to all winners!

Week 17:

Best Guitar Solo of All-Time: Guns N’ Roses - November Rain, nominated by @VertigoXX.

Your Favorite 90’s Pop Group: Backstreet Boys - I Want It That Way, nominated by @VertigoXX.

A Song with “Star” in the Title: Smash Mouth - All Star, nominated by @TheSnarkyOne.

Week 19:

Song about Mums: Mother’s Little Helper - The Rolling Stones, nominated by @Steve976.

Favorite Female Singer-Songwriter: Jolene - Dolly Parton, nominated by @Duane_Lester.

A Music Video with Terrible Outfits: We have a 5-way tie: Break Free - Ariana Grande ft. Zedd, nominated by @Jess4002, Olivia Newton-John - Physical by @Steve976, Wham! - Young Guns (Go for It!) by @Craig_Paterson, David Bowie & Mick Jagger - Dancing in the Street by @Duane_Lester and Lady Gaga - Bad Romance by @VertigoXX

Fun and Play: Can You Guess? :thinking:

Recently at Soundcore Collective, we spotted a movie trailer for the new Baz Lurhmann film, Elvis.

It looks quite interesting and we can’t wait to watch it when it comes out. As a small tribute, here’s this week’s quiz question: In what year did Elvis Presley die?

Awards of the Week :1st_place_medal:

Photo of the Week Theme: Green Green Grass

Photo of the Week: @TheSnarkyOne for making Flare 2 speaker look like it’s floating!

Collective Member of the Week: Thanks for being an awesome member, @VertigoXX!

Thread of the Week: Kudos to @Sodojka for the Liberty 3Pro with Bluetooth 5.2 and new codec LC3 article. Short and sweet!

Weekly Giveaway Winner: Congratulations @Craig_Paterson! Please send @Vanessa_W a message with your delivery details so we can get your prize sent to you asap.

That’s it! Have a splendid week everyone.

11 Likes

Thank you for the weekly update @Winniew95.

Congratulations to all the award winners. Hope everyone has a geat week ahead!

Quiz Question Answer

Easy one this week. A year I will never forget – 1977

4 Likes

Grats to the winners.

This week will be a little hectic for me as I will probably have overtime, a school strings concert and I need to start start to work on cutting a tree here soon…

4 Likes

Congratulations to all the well known winners.

6 Likes

Thanks for the Update @Winniew95.
Congrats to all the winners. :clap:
I hope everyone has a great week.:+1:

PS I noticed there was a 5 way tie for 1st (2 votes each) in the music category A Music Video with Terrible Outfits. Must have been a lot of terrible outfits. :rofl:

5 Likes

Have fun with the prizes all the winners!

5 Likes

Thanks for Update @Winniew95
Thanks for Member of the Week nomination.
Congrats to all other winners.
My answer to the question

Summary

1977 but some fans claim he’s alive

3 Likes

Thanks for Core Update 136 @Winniew95.
Thanks for Thread of the Week nomination.
I am very surprised because I created this thread a few months ago. I am currently using Bluetooth 5.2 on my Liberty 3 Pro paired with a Samsung TV.
Everything works great and I am very happy about it.

The only sad thing is that for many months I have not received tickets and notes that I won during this time. I wrote about this issue to @sean.L many times but nothing has changed for the better. :thinking: I think the only solution is to create a new account …

I send greetings to all members of the Soundcore community 🙋.

Congratulations to all winners :clap:.

6 Likes

Congrats @sodojka. :clap:
How are you doing my friend?
Don’t be a stranger, come and say Hi every once in awhile. I hope you are well.

3 Likes

Hey @sodojka, it’s good to hear from you. Hope all is good with you.

2 Likes

Thanks for the update, and congrats to all the winners.

Nice to see you back @sodojka, hope you are keeping well.

Hope everybody has a great week, I can already tell it’s going to go by fast…

3 Likes

Me the same.
Hope this will be better in the future.
Its really sad.
Acting this way the number of the active memberss here will decrease.
At last only the few ones from the pole position will take part at this forum.

There have been made suggestions to improve many things regarding the forum.
But what happened?

3 Likes

Thank you for the quick update. I remember when Elvis died… It was a very quiet day in our house :sob:

Summary

1 Like

Hi @sodojka
Nice to hear you again
Hope you fine.
We all a rw missing you here on Community

3 Likes

Not sure why the system maths is terrible. You’re right there were 2 votes for each but somehow it gave 19% for one. I’ll get that checked out. But winners updated

2 Likes

It’s probably because it just shows whole numbers to to add up to 100% it has to make one of them 1 point higher. I’m assuming the real percentage was something .2% so that times 5 would give you the 1 extra percent the system added to one of the people that were tied. I hope that makes sense.

2 Likes

What I’d call contractor maths… perhaps should be split the vote, split the points… lol… :thinking:

2 Likes

And split the the participitiants.

Chiquinho I, the happy one, always getting points and gifts.
And Chiquinho II, the sad, unlucky one.
Never getting something. :rofl:

1 Like

I think the math as stated is due to the percentages difference but wonder if it was dependent on when a person voted. (Ie she was the first one and as the percentages are calculated to whole numbers the extra percentages are added to that first one???) So thus the 1 percent to the first one as that will add to 100 percent.

I think over the course of the Friday songs, there probably has been other weeks that may have had something similar but it is probably rare as most times there is not the same number for each

2 Likes