Custom Linus Tech Tips Liberty Air 2 Pro Giveaway | Enter Here

My tech tip is just clean you tech. It needs it.

1 Like

My tech tip is to keep old devices and cables if possible. You never know when you might have a use for them.

1 Like

Very nice gift!!

1 Like

If the sound as good as mine Q30, that would be fantastic

1 Like

These look awesome! My tech tip is to keep your charging cable types consistent whenever possible. With USB-C becoming much more widespread in products, it’s easy/possible to carry one or two cables around and be able to charge nearly anything. I can charge my laptop and all the headphones I use regularly with the same cable, and I can’t wait until I can add my phone to the mix!

1 Like

My tech tip: add the mail recipient just before you are really going to send out the mail. This helps you to make sure that the mail is finished, including the subject and attachments!

2 Likes

I own 2 Motion+ speakers and those are amazing. Can’t quite beat Anker when it comes to price/preformance.

1 Like

Liberty Air Pro 2 the colours looks awesome.

1 Like

Yeah, I have a cupboard full of old phones and cables… you just never know when you might need them!

1 Like

I use the plastic fasteners from bread bags to label my cables.

1 Like

Looks fantastic!!!

1 Like

Hope I win

Sweet design, the black red colour combo certainly compliment each other without being overpowered :+1:

1 Like

Great news @TheSnarkyOne
It’s a shame Anker, or one of its brands, doesn’t manufacture one. I think it would be a big hit as it would be made bespoke to their products.

3 Likes

OMG hope I win! Been a long time user of Soundcore, and have been eyeing the Liberty Air 2 Pros for a while! :sunglasses:

1 Like

Any recommendations on better tips for the Liberty Air 2 Pros?

1 Like

Agreed it would be so great if Anker made a couple of different sizes

2 Likes

My tech tip is to only use soundcore headphones :headphones: :+1:t4:

1 Like

So excited to see more headphones from anker/sound core!!

1 Like

NICE customization!

Here are a few tech tips varying in topic (not all Anker/Soundcore related).

Internet Connectivity

• If you have a laptop with USB C power/data connection, and intend to use an ethernet cable adapter to hardline your blazing fast internet connection, don’t assume the cable connection is faster than Wi-Fi: make sure your ethernet-to-USBC adapter isn’t a choke point that has a max transfer speed of 100Mbps or something (compared to ability to connect with faster speeds over Wi-Fi). Such was the case with an adapter I was using, so I unhooked it and simply connected via Wi-Fi to enjoy 500Mbps transfer speeds. You can also search for adapters with higher capability or update your ethernet driver if you prefer a hardline.

• Mesh Wi-Fi absolutely rocks if you have low-signal/dead zones in your home or a large enough area to leave the range of your main router/AP and enter an area where you have nothing or attempted alternate AP with different signal/SSID. Even if you attempt using two separate APs with the same name from both, your device won’t transfer seamlessly between them (like it does with Mesh) - you’ll get hung up on the transfer as your device tries to maintain connection with the AP that’s far away before it loses it and finds the nearer SSID/AP.
    *If you’re going Mesh, I recommend connecting ethernet cable between the Mesh routers rather than using the Wi-Fi connection method. It’ll afford you more reliability and faster connection speed for devices when connected to the 2nd router. Also consider placement to minimize interference and obstacles.

• A portable router/hub is very useful to consolidate access to internet when in a public place (hotel, cruise ship, etc) and have multiple devices/people to connect to the net. Especially helpful if the internet access is capped at a certain # of devices!

Storage

• Change removable storage from default FAT32 to exFAT if you want to transfer large files that exceed 4GB. FAT32 and NTFS do not permit transfer of files in excess of 4GB (pretty much any movie file nowadays)

AV

• HDMI sparkles occur when your HDMI cable cannot properly handle the content transfer/speed. They are annoying sparkly/glittery white pixilations that flash randomly throughout your screen. Sometimes it also includes screen flashes and complete loss of picture. If you encounter this devil of displays, look into your connected HDMI cables and upgrade! If you have newer 4K capable devices yet have HDMI cables from over a year or two ago, you should upgrade cables to keep up with the content capability.

• HDMI Handshake is most effective if you first power on your display (TV), then components from display back to the source. So if using a Home Theater System or A/V receiver, start with your TV, then the HTS/AV receiver, then the source of the signal (Bluray player, game system, cable box, etc). Can get backwards with always-on devices (Roku) or integrated power-on components.
    *HDMI handshake is the instantaneous connection/communication between components to determine the format of data transfer across the HDMI cable.

• Carry a set of wired earbuds when travelling - even if you have backup rechargeable battery packs/batteries for your BT preference. You may find some turn of events lead to inability to use your wireless preference and otherwise become grumpy-mc-grumpface without a backup on hand.

• Annoying interference when playing music through an Aux cable and charging at the same time? Look into a simple Bluetooth receiver (if you’re playing from a BT device like your phone - won’t work so well with an old iPod).

• Easy to clean earbud tips with a toothpick or cotton swab (or both). It’s not just about the audio cavity - don’t forget behind the bud!

MISC

• Rechargeable batteries for your computer mouse and other battery powered stuff is an absolute MUST. In my house of 5, I’m 95% good with two 4-battery chargers (can fit AA or AAA). I have filled all continuous use devices (Xbox/Wii controllers, TV/Roku/etc remotes, multiple people’s computer mouse(s), etc) with rechargeable batteries and have an extra 6-8 AA and 6 AAA on hand, ready to swap in when others need charging.

• For next level recharging and being GREEN, invest in a small foldable solar panel array that you can use to charge potable battery packs/chargers during the day and then use the sun-powered chargers to recharge your phone/devices at night. I’ve been sun-powering my phone for a few years now this way!

• Cable Management is great and all with storage (see 2nd photo), but also SO important with active/live connections. I had a pinch point where cables extending from my laptop (mainly my connected CAT-8) would jam up/bend against the side support of my desk area (it used to mount a slide/roller bracket for cabinet doors. This was necessary if I wanted more room to the right of my laptop for mouse pad/use. Also, my cables were draped messily over the top of the side support and just messy - main issue was the bending CAT-8. I drilled out a hole for my cables to happily connect through without any resistance - and a cleaner look as well. (see photo)
    *Those savvy readers noting my reference above to ethernet adapter is for my work laptop that doesn’t have an ethernet port like my personal laptop (which enjoys 800Mbps+ connection speed c/o the connected cable vs Wi-Fi).

• Do NOT hesitate to check on product warranty or repair/service capability (if out of warranty period) when something starts glitching or fails. You might find it more accommodating/appealing than simply replacing - especially if the price is high for a replacement… or be surprised to find out that repair can be accomplished at no charge even when no longer under warranty (lucky/circumstantial discretion).

• Electrical tape is your FRIEND! Whether needed for wire splicing/patches or simply to cover annoying earbud LEDs, it’s a cost effective and cosmetically aesthetic tool for your arsenal - which if nothing else besides a good magnetic tip screwdriver and pen light, you may want to consider soldering iron (I’ve fixed a good amount of kid’s toys that stopped lighting or making sounds).

• Don’t buy tech from Wish dot com - especially storage. You may be tempted by 512GB+ flash cards but only receive a product that’s capable of storing ~20GB. There’s a known scam with storage devices being setup to show like they can store the cited large capability but in reality (disk scan and storage drive software checks will show), they are truly a smaller capacity storage device that’s not capable of what’s advertised.
    *Customer service may be helpful in issuing refunds…

• Force stop those pesky/finnicky apps. Just like power cycling a device (which may also be useful here) it’s a good way to resolve an issue with an app. I’ve found in some cases I have to uninstall, reboot, then reinstall an app that’s so problematic. If unable to gain access to some part of an app, check Permissions to see that you haven’t disabled something that is required to get where you need.

• Minimize phone location services or turn off altogether to help prolong battery life. Also periodically check your Battery usage in phone settings to see what’s consuming power. If it’s not anything you’ve used actively (ie background processes that you don’t care for), force stop those battery thieves. And don’t forget about Auto-brightness for your phone display (or manually lower) to further save battery. Last but not least, GET OFF the phone and do something else to save battery. :smile:

2 Likes