How to topics for support section

This topic above got me thinking.

When I first started my current job of as a BA 15 yrs ago where we test and developed changes to a social work software for the state, I started out as a help desk worker first.

My coworkers in the help desk was not fond of me do to our pay gap as I did social work before going to work there. You can guess they where less than willing to help me learn how to resolve issues in our system.

As I gained my own knowledge, I made a help desk guide with common questions that came in a lot. This way it was easier to answer a question or resolve it as I had that knowledge at my fingertips.

So here is my thought of doing something like that for here. As I read posts on support topics, I see my awesome community members providing all kind of help to members. I know a lot times it takes time for members to write on how to fix another members issues and several times it is the same issues they are commenting on

So if we had some different topics on how to fix something we could just give them a link to look at first and not writing the same things over and over.

Here are a few examples of the more common issues that I see folks coming here for help on:

1. I am not able to connect to the soundcore app

2. Some issue with liberty air 2 n functions. ( Liberty air 2 seem to have 2 version of iterations out there. One with auto pause (double tap) and one without auto pause (single tap). Also has 2 firmware versions for the different versions (4.xx n 10.xx))

3. Headphones issues when connecting them to laptop. There area couple different issues user may have
    A. Connectivity issues that partly seems to deal with Bluetooth driver issues
    B. When to use the mic vs stereo ( like my headphone sound bad, I want to listen to music as I am on a conference call, and etc)

4. Different connecting earbuds to device or only one earbuds connecting ow why battery drain more on one earbud issue.

So these may be good to add this here or it may be something @Loz and his staff may want to add to to the soundcore product pages questions area.

Any thought on this or any other common issues that would be nice to see documented to give to members needing help. I know I had not talked about any speaker issues.

Maybe gather a few topics and have different members create some.

3 Likes

All those questions have been asked, discussed and answered so often -> too often!
But all the newbies here don’t use the search function to to find the fitting answers.

An old computer engineer, as I am , tries always to find a fitting answer to my foolish questions via net.
And I do find these very often. :grin:

3 Likes

The problem with FAQs is always the users who don’t bother to read the FAQs. This might be a small percentage, but the ones who do read it we don’t notice, because they don’t ask silly questions…

1 Like

As an old teacher I say:
There are never silly questions, but often stupid answers (joke)

1 Like

Very very true. Like @jercox said, FAQ won’t help anyone if they just don’t read. Usually if I try to answer a question, I just do a quick search and usually end up getting answer on forum or through manual on Soundcore website

1 Like

Agreed that most people questions can be answered from a quick search, but you can lead a horse to water but can’t make it drink metaphor is very true here.

Most of them bought the product then just never looked at the FAQ or looked at and threw away the manual. So they will always just come here to make a post.

1 Like

Interesting idea. I feel like not everyone would look at them but still a neat idea to maybe do any way

lol I was thinking it would be more for us than them. When we see a post that asked that question, we could use those to give to them to help and reduce our replies and their questions… I know the horse would rather be water bottled fed than be led to drink. :smile:

1 Like

I had some saved on my phone since it’s the only way I get on the forums, but I’ve gotten pretty good at typing things out. It could help people with a computer to get to it faster.

1 Like

I’ll quite often use the search function, depending how descriptive the title I’m often successful in finding what I’m after.

However, it would be just as easy to create a new comment and save having to look,