Q30 - switching between normal and noise canceling modes issues

Hi! I noticed that when I’m switching between normal mode, indoor noise canceling and outdoor noise canceling in Soundcore app something weird happens. After switching normal mode -> indoor noise canceling it looks good , but then when I switch from indoor -> outdoor it feels like noise canceling is not working (and I can hear sound quality like in normal mode). Then, after switching from indoor -> outdoor noise canceling nothing happens in case of sound quality (still like in normal mode). Then after switching from outdoor noise canceling mode to normal it looks like noise canceling turns on but it should not. It fixes when I turn the transparent mode on and turn back to normal mode and now it sounds as expected. Does someone have the same issue? I’ve cleaned app cache and reset headphones (turned + and on for 5 seconds) and the issue still occurs.

4 Likes

After some more investigation I noticed that the problem is indoor and outdoor noise canceling options. When I switch to transport I hear that noise canceling is working, but after switching to outdoor or indoor, noise canceling is simply not working. After switching back to transport noise canceling is working again. Seriously am I the only one who has that problem? I have 1.60 firmware installed in my Q30s and the version of SoundCore app is 2.3.0

2 Likes

You are not the only one. I have the exact same issue.
When switching from normal or transparent to ANC, or when I turn them on at first place, I have to reselect Indoor or Outdoor mode via widget or I get no bass whatsoever. I thought the problem was with the Soundcore app and I tried uninstalling it but that did not help.

3 Likes

It looks like it is a bug in noise canceling option synchronization between headphones and the app. Hope that some devs will read this and fix that in the next software update.

1 Like

Good troubleshooting, hopefully they can take this and fix the problem.

1 Like

I have the same issue, I bought the headphones few days ago and came out of the box straight with 1,6 firmware version, I don’t have any idea that Noice canceling issue appears just with 1,6 version or is a hardware issue, can someone to confirm that this problem appear just after firmware update or was there even with 1,5 version? I think seriously to send back and ask for refund.

1 Like

New firmware update 1.70 but unfortunately the issue with noise canceling is still there, very frustrating, guys do you have the same issue or is just my headset with this problem?

1 Like

Same here - new firmware, but same noise cancelation modes switching problem. Maybe this bug is only on Android app and it is not present on iOS version?

1 Like

I can confirm ios has the same issue :frowning:

1 Like

Android user here and on 1.8 latest. So you’re saying noise cancelling is not working when its outdoor/indoor and and I swap between transparent and noise cancelling?

OK trying that specifically now…

So on Android when I use the app to swap between NC and Transparent, and back, it seems to work, and in NC transport / indoor / outdoor.

I have a different issue the ANC is not very good, compared with non-Soundcore ANC products. Seems to be mostly given just by the rubber. I’d like a ANC mode which blocks as much as possible of everything.

1 Like

I feel like it gets stuck on indoor and outdoor which makes the anc sound weird and muffled. I’m on 1.7 and spamming the update button for v1.8 :frowning: Transit does make difference, it’s just the indoor and outdoor not working the way it should. Overall the anc needs some tuning as well. I believe it can do better.

1 Like

The ANC not much better than what you get from simply a rubber seal over the ears. There’s a very noticeable different ANC vs transparent. Transparent amplifies the external noise (so headphones on in transparent the outside world is louder than nothing over my ears) but none of the ANC modes do that good an ANC, they do something but none of them that good.

I’d like a mode which blocks as much noise possible in total rather than the focus on blocking some range.

1.8, just keep trying, it ignored me many times last 2 days, tried today and got it first time.

2 Likes

Honestly I agree with you.

1 Like

Oh I just made a post about this same issue.
Transport mode is the only ANC option working from the app, once you change to indoor or outdoor it kicks you back to normal mode, even if the app says it’s on ANC.

Also reset, still the same. I just hope it’s an app issue, not a phone one lol

2 Likes

On 1.8 yet?

1 Like

I haven’t received 1.80 yet, but as far as I am concerned they’ve fixed mic only. Hope that I’m wrong. I’ll be able to tell it next week when I will receive new firmware.

1 Like

Everyone (including me) Try to focus discussion of specific products in one thread and edit that to reflect current.

It helps us focus and thus focus Soundcore.

I suggest this new thread, add and edit it. Needs the thread owner ideally to revise it, otherwise another thread who has volunteer owner.

1 Like

Yeah, I have the same issue here. The mic problem was solved with the FW 1.8 but for this one, I got an email from the support saying that I should send my unit to be replaced, so I am doing it.

1 Like

Ooh, so my ANC is not so good, I was thinking a design limit? May be a dud unit?

1 Like

I would contact them to see what they have to say.

1 Like