Q30 - switching between normal and noise canceling modes issues

The ANC not much better than what you get from simply a rubber seal over the ears. There’s a very noticeable different ANC vs transparent. Transparent amplifies the external noise (so headphones on in transparent the outside world is louder than nothing over my ears) but none of the ANC modes do that good an ANC, they do something but none of them that good.

I’d like a mode which blocks as much noise possible in total rather than the focus on blocking some range.

1.8, just keep trying, it ignored me many times last 2 days, tried today and got it first time.

2 Likes

Honestly I agree with you.

1 Like

Oh I just made a post about this same issue.
Transport mode is the only ANC option working from the app, once you change to indoor or outdoor it kicks you back to normal mode, even if the app says it’s on ANC.

Also reset, still the same. I just hope it’s an app issue, not a phone one lol

2 Likes

On 1.8 yet?

1 Like

I haven’t received 1.80 yet, but as far as I am concerned they’ve fixed mic only. Hope that I’m wrong. I’ll be able to tell it next week when I will receive new firmware.

1 Like

Everyone (including me) Try to focus discussion of specific products in one thread and edit that to reflect current.

It helps us focus and thus focus Soundcore.

I suggest this new thread, add and edit it. Needs the thread owner ideally to revise it, otherwise another thread who has volunteer owner.

1 Like

Yeah, I have the same issue here. The mic problem was solved with the FW 1.8 but for this one, I got an email from the support saying that I should send my unit to be replaced, so I am doing it.

1 Like

Ooh, so my ANC is not so good, I was thinking a design limit? May be a dud unit?

1 Like

I would contact them to see what they have to say.

1 Like

Honestly, this sounds like a software issue to me. If they could fix the mic through software, they should be able to fix this issue as well. I’m not surprised if you’d email them and they would tell you to send them back. It’s just such a standard thing to say for a manufacturer. It just isn’t syncing properly between the app and the headphones. I understand there were a few dud ones. But on my box it says revision 1 (NEW). I don’t know if that makes a difference. All I’m trying to say is it just needs another software update. Still great headphones overall even without the anc for me. But it would be awesome if they could fix this issue.

1 Like

I agree with Zaki35. It’s not like the ANC is not working at all - it is, but I can’t switch between ANC modes directly and the workaround to turn on outdoor or indoor ANC is to do the sequence indoor/outdoor ANC - > Normal - > indoor/outdoor ANC.

2 Likes

So you have a newer hardware version than me probably.

Mine has on packaging

I’ve emailed support as looks like I need to get a revised replacement.

1 Like

No, it looks like we have the same box. Yours says iteration 1 New as well. Still think this is a software issue though. Let me know if you get a replacement.

1 Like

Ahh you said revision. A picture paints…

As most support is out of China and it’s their Friday night I’m not expecting reply til Monday. I’ll update as progresses.

1 Like

I had this issue with ANC too. Anker sent me a new pair of Q30, and in the new pair the problem there is no more. So i don’t know…

1 Like

aah I see… My mistake sorry.

1 Like

Interesting thanks for letting me know. I thought I had the newest iteration. I just got these on monday 30th November. I got them from their own website with the blackfriday deal. Maybe I also got a dud unit. Guess I’ll just wait and see what happens. Or maybe just send them back.

2 Likes

Does the packaging on replacement look same as

2 Likes

Lollogreco2001, you’ve worried me very much. Is that mean that there’s defective amount of Q30s? Could someone without this problems tell, what revision do you have?

2 Likes

I now unpacked the second pair I’ve bought as a Christmas gift and tested it: exact same issue here: ANC switching problem but even worse: when ANC works, the sound is heavily degraded to a thin, tinny garbage sound. It’s on FW 1.70

So if this is hardware related, should I return it to Amazon.de? Or better go through Soundcore service?

This unit is definitely different from the one I bought for myself in mid October :confused:

1 Like