Soundcore music cloud

My suggestion is to have a sound cloud so music can be accessed from it.

If soundcore had cloud storage for music what would run along side the music app, that would be a first!

20 GB storage so soundcore users who have registered can listen to it through their headphones or ear buds.

How does this sound to you? :raised_hands:t2:

3 Likes

They did try this:

It failed

1 Like

Not easy because of the copyrights and the fees.
There was such a thing called LĂśM.
Not of high interest, may be the reason was the quality of the “artists”.

There many other such platforms,
Too many.

1 Like

Nice thoughts, I think just cloud storage for your own music is what people will need. What do you think?

We made here so many suggestions about music which could be worth to listen to.
Many different styles, music from all over the world.

If one reads those threads one could create a interesting playlist.
Btw ; I am listening to LvB 1. symphony.
This is a piece on my favourite playlist between many others.

If you personally do want some free cloud storage for your mp3 then that’s fairly easy if not too large

https://docs.aws.amazon.com/redshift/latest/dg/tutorial-loading-data-upload-files.html

Note that under the hood your files (images etc) end up on AWS

1 Like

LUM was pretty good. I had a playlist that I miss.

2 Likes

I was just listening to Deezer, the sound quality did lift the quality of the sound on the Q45.

Poweramp was also pretty good. Avoided the reverb here.

The Jet player plus is all over the place, it’s EQ tuning hell. Let’s say that, not bad but unsettling.

I’m seeing that tidal is the way to go with its hi fi quality, but also pricey. So maybe not.

I’ve also been using free music player. Great for finding the music you want but it doesn’t generate the clarity you’d want for quality surround listening.

I want to get this out there as we can’t just rely on the hardware headsets, we need good software to bring the sweetness to our ears.

Well my head’s up from this is …
Deezer and Q45 is a great combo :+1::grinning::muscle:

What are other people using? :cowboy_hat_face:

Poweramp and Jet player are not available under LINUX.
I use VLC which is great and of course the system wide PulseEffects.

Does such an audio adjustment program working system wide exist for Windows?
Eg : I do audio adjustments working for ALL audio programs ( VLC, Youtube, Internet radio) I use on my laptop.

BTW: I think I have the Jet player installed on my old SONY tablet.
Works perfect.

Everyone has to find his best fitting program.

1 Like

Chiquinho, That’s interesting…

Can you remaster an old album so that you can get hi fi quality from it, is that possible?

One of my old friends has died, he was the singer of a well known rock band. Because it was from the 70s, the sound needs cleaning up. Digitalising even. Is that possible?

1 Like

I am not a sound engineer. :grinning:
Of course this can be done.

Do you know the program audacity?
Take a look at, install it, its even possible to use it under win.:grin:
One can use an old recording from somewhere and try to improve…
Because it’s a very mighty program used by professionals I am sure this can be done easily.
And at last : Its free!

Btw There is such a system wide eq for WIN10/11.
Who knows about and uses it?

1 Like

If it’s important I’d send the media to a professional media transformation service, they’d have both hardware, software, and experience to do it.

I’ve not done this myself but if I were to attempt to I’d need:

• high quality “legacy” media player. e.g. good quality turntable
  • a high performance PC with a good sound card addition (not the built-in kind) which can do high bit-rate sample
  • a fast CPU and fast SSD to keep up with the lossless ingestion
  • software to clean up, and store as appropriate codec. I’d probably store the lossless very large media files on two external large storage drives and store them in separate homes, and recode to a lossy codec to match the devices I was planning to play on. Then as devices evolve, do a recode again from the lossless version later.
  • lots of helps from forums to do it “well”

As I don’t have any of those, I’d be inclined to send it to someone who has.

1 Like

Thanks guys, the band in question is Budgie. I’m not sure you would have heard of them. They were one of the first heavy metal, rock bands that came out in the late 60s. The singer was a close friend of mine.

Respect to your feedback here.

Awesome that would be great:heart_eyes: